Here’s your Rewards Canada update! Your near daily dose of loyalty program, credit card and travel news, bonuses, deals and more.
The Ultimate Travel Credit Card Portfolio for those 65 and over!
We released a new Ultimate Credit Card Portfolio on Rewards Canada today: The Ultimate Travel Credit Card Portfolio for those 65 and over! As I have often noted on Rewards Canada and in media interviews, this is a part of the market that is oft forgotten when it comes to credit cards and loyalty programs. One company that seems to have taken notice is HSBC with their World Elite Mastercard as they added accelerated earn rates for gas, groceries and namely drug stores – all categories that would appeal to the 65+ market. Most importantly they added 21 day out of province emergency medical coverage for anyone 65 and over. This is the longest duration of coverage out of any cards in Canada for this age group and unlike some of the other cards, it doesn’t cut off at 74 years of age. Click here to check out this latest portfolio
Amex Offers statement credit for EffyDesk
One new Amex Offer came out yesterday which is a statement credit for purchases made with EffyDesk:
Spend at least $800 in qualifying purchases using your registered Card at www.effydesk.ca by 20/06/2023 and earn a one-time $150 statement credit. Terms apply.
I received this offers on my Platinum Card and it is also available for Scotiabank issued American Express cards (Click here to register your Scotia card)
Simply log in to your Amex account or go onto the Amex app to see if these offers have been sent to you and to register for them. You can find this and many more offers in our Guide to American Express Canada ‘Amex Offers’
Image via American Express
United adding Calgary – Washington D.C. flights
In what looks to be a direct response to WestJet launching Calgary to Washington D.C. flights, United Airlines has now decided to fly the route as well. United has been playing a lot of this defensive route additions/changes in response the competitors. For example Alaska Airlines recently announced San Diego to Washington D.C. flights and what does United do? They up the ante by putting a Boeing 777 on the route to flood the market with cheap seats. That appears the be the case here as well for YYC-IAD and for the time being the flying public should benefit from WestJet and United battling it out for passengers with low fares. (Source Aeroroutes)
Airbus A319 aircraft will operate this route on daily basis from 02JUN23 to 30SEP23.
UA1125 IAD0900 – 1147YYC 319 D
UA2221 YYC1330 – 1954IAD 319 D
The Cobalt Multiplier Challenge
There are only 6 days left in our challenge! Help us reach the goals of 1,000 entries for Canada, 250 for the US and 250 for ROW!
Feel free to submit as many locations as you like and if you don’t want to search if we have it listed just submit all the locations you know of – we’ll do the proper sorting and eliminate any duplicates.
Contribute via the comment section or by using our contact form.
Check out the Cobalt Confirmed Multipliers list here.
Want to learn more? Have a question? Join our Facebook group to ask the Rewards Canada community!
Be sure to subscribe to the Rewards Canada News email newsletter so that you don’t miss out on any loyalty program news and offers! You can subscribe to the newsletter here
Posts since our last update:
- Earn up to 7,000 bonus Aeroplan points on Air Canada flights to Europe
- RWRDS Daily Update – February 21
Singapore Airlines: Fly from Vancouver to Asia for as little as C$450 one way! Book by Feb 28 for travel until Sep 30, 23. Click here to book this offer.
Simplii Financial™ No Fee Chequing Account Life’s always busy and you work hard every day for your money – it’s time for your bank account to do the same. Welcome offer: Earn $350† when you become a new client. Click here for more details
Canadian Bonus Offers
Hyatt World of Hyatt
-Earn 3,000 bonus World of Hyatt points for every two qualifying nights (do not have to be consecutive) stayed at Hyatt Hotels in Canada and Worldwide starting with your second stay. Register by Apr 30 for stays completed Mar 30 – May 26, 23. More…
– 10,000 Bonus Bonvoy Points for private home rentals of 4+ days booked via Homes & Villas by Marriott. By Mar 11 for stays until May 14, 23. More…
Other Bonus Offers
– Berlin 4,000 bonus Bonvoy Points + free breakfast for stays of 2+ nights at the Hotel Luc, Autograph Collection. Book now for stays until Apr 12, 23 More…
– Dusseldorf 4,000 bonus Bonvoy Points + free breakfast for stays of 2+ nights at the Sheraton Duesseldorf Airport Hotel. Book now for stays until Apr 12, 23 More…
– Honolulu Earn 14,000 bonus points and save up to 30% for stays of three or more nights at the Sheraton Waikiki, the Royal Hawaiian, or the Moana Surfrider. Book by Feb 28 for stays until May 7, 23. More…
– Stuttgart 4,000 bonus Bonvoy Points + free breakfast for stays of 2+ nights at the Le Meridien Stuttgart. Book now for stays until Apr 12, 23 More…
Stash Hotel Rewards
– Michigan City 500 Bonus Stash Rewards Points for stays at the 4411 Inn & Suites Michigan City, IN. Book by Mar 31 for stays until Apr 30, 23. More…