If you are in the market for a small business card packed with strong points earning and benefits galore the card to check out is American Express® Aeroplan®* Business Reserve Card.
In the first year with this card you can earn up 85,000 Aeroplan Points with this card. The points are themselves are worth at least $1,275. Take away the $599 annual fee and you have no less than $676 in value with this card! For most you should be able to get even more value out of that since we are value Aeroplan points at 1.5 cents each and it is easy to get well above 2 cents per point.
Add in the extras like Maple Leaf Lounge access, strong earn rates and a spend based companion pass and you have a card that is a must for small business* looking to earn Aeroplan points.
* Technically speaking you don’t have to be a business to get this card. Amex will allow you to use your SIN as your business number.
Card Type: Credit
Annual Fee: $599
Additional Card Fee: $199 for Aeroplan®* Business Reserve Cards to share some of the benefits and earn Aeroplan points faster, $0 for Aeroplan®* Business Reserve No Fee Cards to earn points faster
Annual interest rate 16.99% on purchases and 21.99% on funds advances
Earn up to 85,000 Welcome Bonus Aeroplan®* points
- Earn 25,000 Aeroplan points after spending $3,000 in net purchases on your Card within the first three months of Cardmembership.
- Plus, earn 5,000 Aeroplan points for each monthly billing period in which you spend $2,000 in purchases on your Card for the first twelve months of Cardmembership. That could add up to 60,000 Aeroplan points.
- Earn up to $2,600 or more in value within your first year.
Earn Aeroplan points that you can redeem in a variety of ways.
- Earn 3 points for every $1 spent on eligible purchases made directly with Air Canada and Air Canada Vacations®*
- Earn 2 points for every $1 spent on eligible hotels and car rentals
- Earn 1.25 points for every $1 spent on everything else.
Make the most out of a full suite of business management tools that give you more control over your business – anytime and anywhere.
- Leverage your cash flow with the option of carrying a balance or paying in full each month
- Control employee expenses plus track and accumulate points on your account with Supplementary Cards, so you have an opportunity to maximize the points you earn.
Unlock business travel possibilities to make every work trip one to look forward to.
- Access more than 1,200 Priority Pass™ airport lounges around the globe. That means an oasis of comfort before your flight—regardless of your choice of airline or cabin class
- Enjoy access to select Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges™ for you and a guest, and Air Canada Café™; in North America, with a same day ticket on a departing Air Canada or Star Alliance®* flight
- Enjoy Priority Check-In, Priority Boarding, and Priority Baggage Handling when you fly with Air Canada, together with up to eight companions
- Enjoy your first checked bag free (up to 23kg/50lb) when your travel originates on an Air Canada flight, together with up to eight companions travelling on the same reservation
- Receive one Annual Worldwide Companion Pass when you spend $25,000 in net purchases prior to your Card anniversary date; your Pass entitles you to buy an accompanying Air Canada economy class ticket for a companion at a fixed base fare from $99 to a maximum of $599 CAD (plus taxes, fees, charges, and surcharges)
- Stay focused on getting where you need to go. Receive up to $100 CAD in statement credits every four years when NEXUS application or renewal fees are charged to your Aeroplan Business Reserve Card.
- Pay with your American Express Aeroplan Business Reserve Card and present your Aeroplan Membership Card at over 170 Aeroplan partner brands and 120 online retailers via the Aeroplan eStore to earn points twice
- If you’re departing from Toronto Pearson International Airport, enjoy the benefits of being an American Express Aeroplan Business Reserve Cardmember. Get more from your travel experience with access to Pearson Priority Security Lane, Complimentary Valet Service, 15% discount on parking rates, and 15% discount on Car Care Services
- Roll over any unallocated Aeroplan Elite™ Status Qualifying Miles and unused eUpgrade Credits to the following year to enjoy during your travels.
- Enjoy priority access to the standby list and eUpgrades. Get prioritized on the standby waitlist for an Air Canada flight and higher priority when you request an eUpgrade
- Earn 1,000 Status Qualifying Miles and 1 Status Qualifying Segment for every $5,000 in eligible net purchases charged to your Card
- Book flight reward tickets for even fewer points with Air Canada. In addition to flights, you can also redeem for hotel stays, car rentals, vacation packages, merchandise and more.
American Express is not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details and current product information click the Apply now link. Conditions apply