Here’s your Rewards Canada Daily update! Your daily dose (or near
daily dose) of loyalty program, credit card and travel news, bonuses,
deals and more. This update is brought to you by the HSBC +Rewards Mastercard which
is currently offering a welcome bonus of up to 30,000 bonus points, no
annual fee in the first year and a low 11.9% interest rate!
HBC (The Bay) has decided on who their credit card
partner will be after news that their partnership with Capital One is
ending. This one comes as a bit of a surprise and is a huge score for
this newcomer. HBC will be partnering with Neo Financial
to issue their new Mastercard! We detailed neo late last year (and have
another update coming as they have released more card options) as they
are a newcomer to the Canadian market, but they have a lot of backing thanks
to being founded by some of the same people who launched and sold
SkipTheDishers and they are looking to disrupt the current financial
model in Canada (banking, credit cards, mortgages etc.). For them to
score a co-brand deal this early on is huge for Neo and we pass along a
big congratulations to them! Thanks to Rewards Canada contributor Jeff W. for passing along this news! (Source Business Wire)
The Hudson’s Bay Mastercard powered by Neo has the following features and more:
- Earn an average 2% cash back at thousands of
local and national Neo Financial partners and businesses, including
most major gas and grocery stores, restaurants, gyms, coffee shops and
- Earn double the Hudson’s Bay Rewards points on every dollar spent at Hudson’s Bay, or 2 points on almost every $1 you spend outside of Hudson’s Bay.
- No annual or over-limit fees.
- Earn even more through member-only exclusive offers, events and specials throughout the year.
- Receive proactive alerts and notifications in real-time so you can live life with less worry.
- Security in a click. Freeze or replace your card, turn off online transactions, and more, right from the app.
- Manage on-the-go. With Neo’s leading-edge digital app, everything is accessible from your phone.
- Feel Protected. The Hudson’s Bay Mastercard includes Mastercard’s Zero Liability Protection against unauthorized or fraudulent charges.
Recommended reading: Capital One ending its relationship with Costco and Hudson’s Bay
Image via Neo Financial
We’ve updated our Guide to Credit Card Cash Back Liquidity.
This feature shows how quickly you can access your credit card cash
back rewards. From anytime to once per year and in-between, from $1 to
to $100 minimums or no minimum they are all listed here: rwrds.ca/Liquidity
Air Canada announced further lay offs of 1,500 people
today and the cutting of 17 more routes which includes the closure of
some stations. (Source Canadian Travel News)
Here are some of the routes affected:
Montreal to: Boston (Feb. 17), LaGuardia (Feb. 17)
Vancouver to: Seattle (Feb 16)
International routes suspended (last operating date from Canada)
Toronto to: Bogotá (Feb. 16), Dublin (Feb. 12), Dubai (start-up
postponed), São Paulo (Feb. 16), Hong Kong (start-up postponed), Tel
Aviv (continued suspension).
Montreal to: Bogotá (Feb. 13)
Vancouver to: London (Feb. 14), Narita (Feb. 15)
Image via Air Canada
Wayfair Canada has returned to Amex Offers. This
time it is a lower spend requirement with a lower statement credit but
still a decent deal. I personally received it on my Platinum Card from American Express
Spend at least $75 in qualifying purchases using your registered Card at www.wayfair.ca/amex by 31/03/2021 and earn a one-time $15 statement credit. Registration cap applies.
You can find this offfer and many more on our Guide to American Express Canada ‘Amex Offers’
Image via American Express
Posts since our last update
welcome offer for the CIBC Aventura® Visa Infinite* Card – Earn up to
35,000 Aventura Points with first year annual fee rebate†
At the start of February CIBC launched new offers on many of their rewards credit cards. One of those…
- Koho Premium Prepaid Visa Review
The Koho Premium Prepaid Visa is one of only a select few prepaid credit cards that offers rewards for…
Welcome Offer for the enhanced CIBC Dividend® Visa Infinite* Card –
10% cash back on all purchases up to $2,000 and a first year annual fee
At the start of this month CIBC brought back their excellent limited time welcome bonus offer for their…
- Aeroplan Explore For More Contest – enter for your chance to win Air Canada flights and Aeroplan Points
We’ve now had three months to start getting used to the new Air Canada Aeroplan program and to further…
- More BMO credit card changes – travel redemption rate devaluation affects new eclipse Visa cards and BMO Rewards Mastercards
Last week we covered changes coming to the BMO AIR MILES World Elite Mastercard and the BMO CashBack World…
- Earn rate changes coming to the BMO CashBack World Elite Mastercard – and these are for the better!
Yesterday we brought you the news that BMO will be changing its AIR MILES World Elite Mastercard come…
deal! Earn up to a 75% bonus when you buy Turkish Airlines
Miles&Smiles Miles – use it to get three business class tickets to
Hawaii for US$1560
Here is a rarity – Turkish Airlines is offering a bonus for buying their Miles&Smiles miles until February…
- Top 5 Cash Back Credit Card Sign Up offers for February – These cards provide the best value out of their welcome bonuses
Here are Rewards Canada’s Top 5 Cash Back Credit Card Sign Up offers for the month of February…
coming to the BMO AIR MILES World Elite Mastercard in May – earn
rates, interest rates and airport lounge access are all affected
The BMO AIR MILES®† World Elite®* MasterCard®* will be the next card in our market to undergo some changes…
- February 4 Update: Air Canada Rouge to suspend all flights temporarily and IHG Hotels refreshes their logo and name
Here’s your Rewards Canada Daily update! Your daily dose (or near daily dose) of loyalty program, credit card and…
Join Chapters Indigo plum today and earn 1,000 bonus points, join plum PLUS and earn 8,500 bonus points. Learn more here.
Earn $300 cash when you open a new Scotiabank Ultimate Package! Plus earn Scotia Rewards or SCENE Rewards points. Find out more here.
If you aren’t using the Ampli Cash Back app yet you can get $5 when you download the app and join today with promo code AMPLI5 Find out more here
SkipTheDishes – Sign up with this link to get $5 off your first order over $15. Find out more here
WealthSimple Trade: Receive $10 when you deposit and trade at least $100 worth of stock with WealthSimple Trade. Find out more here (We will also receive $25 when you sign up with our link)
Rewards Canada receives a small commission when you use any of
the above offers. You don’t have to chose to use our links but we thank
you in advance if you do.
Canadian Bonus Offers
National Bank of Canada
– $300 cashback when you spend $4,000 on the National Bank of Canada
World Elite Mastercard in the first three month and no annual fee on the
primary card in the 1st year. More… Until Apr 30, 21
Other Bonus Offers
Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan
– 500 Bonus Mileage Plan Miles when you spend $150 or more shopping online via the Mileage Plan Shopping portal. More… Until Feb 19, 21
British Airways Executive Club
– Earn up to 1,200 Bonus Avios when you subscribe to The Economist. More… Until Mar 14, 21
– Double Bonvoy Points on all stays of 3 or more nights booked at
participating Homes & Villas by Marriott International Worldwide. More… Book by by Feb 22 for stays until Aug 31, 21
TAP Air Portugal Miles&Go
Earn up to 50,000 Bonus Miles&Go Miles when you buy Miles&Go Miles. More… Until Feb 28, 21
Earn up to 20,000 bonus Miles&Go Miles when you buy a Club TAP Miles&Go membership. More… Until Feb 28, 21
Earn up to a 75% bonus when you buy Miles&Smiles Miles. More… Until Feb 19, 21
Follow Rewards Canada: