Fairmont Hotels here in Canada have been at the forefront of creating meaningful and safe experiences and offers for those wanting to escape from home with a staycation. For 2021 Fairmont is continuing down that path with the introduction renovations, dining experiences, special packages and more at many of their hotels. Below we list just some of the highlights for this year that Fairmont has passed along to us to share with our readers.
Fairmont Chateau Whistler
● Golden Renovations: After an extensive eight month, $14.2 Million renovation and expansion, Fairmont Gold boasts the ultimate ‘next level’ experience for the discerning traveler. With enhanced amenities, luxe accommodation, sophisticated culinary offerings, and personalized concierge services, guests will not want to leave! Designed by Hirsch Bedner Associates in San Francisco, renovations include a dramatically expanded 3,300 square foot Gold Floor Lounge, and extended collection of 96 elegant guest rooms and suites in a modern, yet cozy setting. In addition to the extravagant culinary offerings carefully curated by Executive Chef Isabel Chung, the lounge boasts an innovative beverage program that showcases two signature cocktails – a Gold Lounge Martini and an exclusive barrel-aged French Canadian Old Fashioned. Local Whistler distiller, Montis, has also crafted a unique chocolate blend liquor specially for the Fairmont Gold Lounge.
● New Snow Globe Dining Domes: Nestled in a fairytale setting of twinkling lights and snow- blanketed trees near the base of Blackcomb Mountain, Fairmont Chateau Whistler’s Snow Globes are nothing short of magical. A locally inspired, 5-course gourmet menu expertly curated by Chef Derek Bendig and paired with featured beverages from partners Stella Artois, Fever Tree, Roche Winery & Vineyards and Blasted Church make these outdoor dining domes most sought after culinary experience of the season.
Fairmont Vancouver Airport
● Vacation to Nowhere: With Canadian travel restrictions still in effect, Fairmont Vancouver Airport invites guests to satisfy their travel cravings with a vacation to nowhere. In partnership with Fairmont Mayakoba, this staycation experience recreates some of the resort’s signature offerings, transporting guests to Mexico without ever leaving the airport. Themed accommodations, private pool time with poolside cocktails, a chef-prepared themed dinner, late check-out and more. Plus, each stay enters travellers into a draw to win a 4 night stay with breakfast at Fairmont Mayakoba. Click here to book online.
Fairmont Banff Springs
● 360 Dome: Fairmont Banff Springs is launching a new private outdoor dining experience available to hotel guests on February 8, 2021. Surrounded by panoramic views on the picturesque Upper Garden Terrace, the 360 Dome will be available to reserve for a unique five- course dining experience. The luxurious domes are designed by Cory Christopher and feature rustic décor with wintry accents to create the perfectly intimate dining experience in an iconic location. The 360 Dome will be available for small groups and is $210 per person.
● In-suite Dining Experience: The “Castle in the Rockies” has launched a heightened In-Suite Dining Experience available to hotel guests. Guests are invited to enjoy a private five-course dinner or a private family style brunch in the comfort of a specially prepared suite or their own guest room. Executive Chef Robert Ash’s five-course gourmet menu is paired with two complimentary cocktails and a bottle of sparkling wine for $399 per couple. The In-Suite Brunch includes make-your-own mimosa ingredients and features brunch favourites such as eggs benedict and buttermilk pancakes for $199 per couple.
● The ultimate VIP ski day access from start to finish for only $249: The perfect day of skiing is possible thanks to Fairmont Tremblant. Parking valets will take care of vehicles and skis, while guests are given the keys to a room available for the day, where they can order lunch to be delivered at the requested time, with a $50 credit on food and beverage. Guests can make their way to the ski valet to collect their equipment, and hit the slopes. Once the ski day is over, guests are given access to the heated outdoor swimming pool, and the hotel valets will store guest’s skis in their trunk and hand over the pre-heated and snow-plowed vehicle to head back home. Click here to book.
If you are planning on staying at these or any other Fairmont Hotels be sure to look at the Fairmont Stay Close offer that provides every 2nd night free at select locations. This offer must be booked by March 15 for stays until June 30, 2021. Note you cannot combine the Stay Close offer with some of the special packages listed above but you can and should register right now for Double Points on any and all of these stays as Fairmont’s loyalty program ALL Accor Live Limitless is awarding that on all eligible stays in North America booked by March 30th and completed by June 30, 2021.
Image via Fairmont Chateau Whistler