Tangerine has brought back what could be considered the bigger cash back bonus ever – percent wise that is! Both the Tangerine Money-Back Credit Card and the Tangerine World Mastercard see the return of their 15% cash back offers that we first saw in fall of 2021! Until September 30th when you apply for and are approved
for either of these Tangerine cards you’ll be able to earn 15% cash back
on all purchases in the first 2 months. The 15% is capped on $1,000 of
purchases for a total cash back reward of $150. After that 15% cap is
hit or after 2 months the regular earn rate of up to 2% cash back kicks
Therein lies the key to the details of the offer. That’s why we say it is the biggest cash back bonus percent wise,
we have never seen 15% before however since it is capped at $1,000 of
spending it doesn’t match the likes of the 10% back offers that are
typically awarded on $2,000 in spending ($200 cash back) or in the case
of the SimplyCash™ Preferred Card from American Express which
awards 10% back on the first $4,000 of spending for $400 cash back.
However in the market of no annual fee cards these Tangerine offers are
definitely some of the best out there.
The Tangerine cards offer
2% back on categories that you get to choose yourself so you can
maximize your earning on where you spend most. Both cards allow you to
choose from two categories to earn that 2% cash back and you can add a
third 2% category if you have your cash back rewards deposited into a Tangerine Savings Account.
These are the categories of spending that you can choose from to earn your 2% cash back:
great thing about both of these cards is that they have no annual fees
so you have no dilution of that welcome bonus! The World version
provides extra benefits and insurance coverage but does have higher
income requirements to be able to apply for it.
Here are the details of each of the cards:
Annual Fee $0 Additional Cards: $0
Apply for a Tangerine Money-Back Credit Card by September
30th, 2022 and earn an extra 15% back* (up to $150) when you spend up to
$1,000 in everyday purchases within your first 2 months.
• Earn 2% cashback on your choice of up to 2 categories, 0.5% money back on all other purchases
• Have your Money-Back Rewards deposited into a Tangerine Savings Account, and get a 3rd 2% Money-Back Category.
• Money-Back Rewards are earned automatically and paid monthly, and
can either be applied towards your Credit Card balance or redeemed into
your Savings Account.
Annual Fee $0 Additional Cards: $0
Minimum Income: $60,000 personal or $100,000 household
Apply for a Tangerine World Mastercard by September 30th, 2022
and earn an extra 15% back* (up to $150) when you spend up to $1,000 in
everyday purchases within your first 2 months.
• Personalized categories and unlimited money-back rewards monthly
• Automatic earning: Money-Back Rewards are earned automatically on
everyday purchases and paid monthly. These can be applied to your Credit
Card balance or redeemed into your Savings Account.
• No annual fee
• Earn 2% cashback on your choice of up to 3 categories, 0.5% money back on all other purchases
• Change your 2% Money-back categories to suit your spending from your choice of 10 categories
• 1.95% on Balance Transfers for six months
• Rental Car Collision/Loss Damage Insurance**: Damage and theft
protection for your car rental when you rent for up to 31 consecutive
days and charge the full cost of your rental to your Card.
• Mobile Device Insurance**: Protection on new cell phones, smartphones
or tablets when you charge the full cost to your Card, or when you
purchase it through a plan and charge all of your wireless bill payments
to your Card. Covers up to $1,000 if your mobile device is lost,
stolen, accidentally damaged or experiences mechanical failure.
• Mastercard® Travel Pass Provided By DragonPass‡ Make the most of your
travel with Mastercard® Travel Pass Provided by DragonPass. Your
complimentary membership gives you exclusive dining, retail and spa
offers in over 650 airports worldwide, along with access to over 1,300
airport lounges at $32 USD per visit.