In 2020 Aeroplan partnered with Uber Eats in 2020 so you could earn Aeroplan Points for orders made via Aeroplan’s eStore. Then just a few months ago Air Canada launched an offer with Uber Eats whereby co-brand cardholders would receive a free
Uber Pass benefit but also at that time announced an expanded partnership with Uber would come later in the year. Well, later in the year has arrived and today we see the launch of the expanded partnership between Aeroplan and Uber.
🍟 Rwrds reminder: Aeroplan credit card holders now receive a free Uber Pass benefit 🍟
This next phase of the partnership see the addition of Uber’s original and primary business model – ride sharing being added as well as now being able to order Uber Eats without having to go through to eStore. As of today Aeroplan members will be able to link their Uber and Aeroplan accounts together so that earning points and other rewards are seamless.Aeroplan Members based in Canada will be able to link their accounts to the Uber app and automatically earn Aeroplan points on food orders and certain types of rides, including:
- 1 Aeroplan point per $1 spent on eligible Uber Eats orders over $25 in Canada;
- 1 Aeroplan point per $1 spent on Uber Airport Rides and Premium Rides (UberXL, Uber Comfort, Uber Black, Uber Select, etc.) throughout Canada and the U.S.;
- 2 Aeroplan points per $1 spent on Uber Premium Airport Rides in Canada and the U.S.;
- Plus, every time members take 10 Uber rides in Canada or the U.S., they’ll receive a $20 Air Canada flight credit.
On top of this there are some extra bonuses for new Uber users:
- New Uber Eats users get an extra 1,000 Aeroplan points for their first order;
- New Uber riders will get an extra 1,000 Aeroplan bonus points for their first ride;
And then further benefits
- All Aeroplan members can redeem their points for Uber gift cards and a 3-month Uber Pass membership at the Aeroplan eStore. Linked members can redeem for both at a discounted number of points;
- Aeroplan credit cardholders get a free Uber Pass membership for 3, 6 or 12 months.
Here’s how you link your Aeroplan and Uber accounts
Open the Uber or Uber Eats app and tap the menu on the top left corner;
- Tap ‘Settings,’ and scroll down to tap ‘Aeroplan’ under the Rewards section, then tap ‘Link Account’ and then log into your Aeroplan account
- Once accounts are linked, you will start earning points on qualifying Uber Eats orders and qualifying rides
Wrapping it up
As promised Air Canada and Uber’s expanded loyalty partnership has been revealed before the end of the year. Overall a nice addition to the program to be able to earn points at least on some Uber rides and the Air Canada credit for every 10 rides is kind of a cool added bonus as well. As an existing user of both Uber and Uber Eats unfortunately I won’t be able to get in on those extra new user bonuses but some of my family members may suddenly become new Uber Eats users here in the near future. 😉