When the revamped AIR MILES program was revealed in October one of the new features we were told about was card linked offers. Those card linked offers officially launched yesterday and represent a new earn method in the AIR MILES program. If you are familiar apps like Drop, Amplii
etc. then you’ll know how these work. With card linked offers you
simply register your Canadian issued Mastercard with AIR MILE and then you will be able to earn extra miles
when you use that registered card for purchases at select retailers.
The great news here is that it is good for ANY Canadian Mastercard
(not just AIR MILES Mastercards) – so if you have the WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard, HSBC World Elite Mastercard or any of the dozens of
others in Canada you’ll be able to use them earn more AIR MILES. Of
course if it is a BMO AIR MILES Mastercard you’ll earn even more AIR MILES Reward miles.
To link your card visit https://www.airmilescardlink.ca/ and complete the simply form they have on the page:
Once you have completed that form you can enjoy the additional miles that are up for grabs for using your newly registered Mastercard for any of the offer they list.
The first batch of offers are detailed on the page and are good from November 2 to December 13. Those offers are as follows:
- Get 5 Bonus Miles when you spend $10 at Subway® locations, online or in-app
- Get 25 Bonus Miles when you spend $65 at indigo.ca
- Get 30 Bonus Miles when you spend $55 at Boston Pizza locations, online or in-app
- Get 25 Bonus Miles when you spend $60 at Sephora stores (excludes Quebec)
- Get 8 Bonus Miles when you spend $15 at Mary Brown’s Chicken locations, online or in-app
- Get 35 Bonus Miles when you spend $95 at viarail.ca
- Get 5 Bonus Miles when you spend $10 at Kernels mall locations or online for in-store pickup
- Get 40 Bonus Miles when you spend $75 at The Shoe Company stores
- Get 50 Bonus Miles when you spend $100 at frankandoak.com
- Get 7 Bonus Miles when you spend $10 at BeaverTails locations (exclusions apply)
I checked the terms of several of the offers and they are pretty good – that is these are not one time bonuses. You can earn most of them once per day so if you visit Subway a lot, you can earn that bonus each day.
When the next batch of offers come out in December you’ll be pleased to note that you do not have to link your card again. Once you link it the first time it remains in the system even when the offers update. You can also unlink your card anytime at https://www.airmilescardlink.ca/unlink
The good thing with this offers is that you can still earn your standard miles, points or cash back on your Mastercard, the retailer’s loyalty program points and so forth. The next question is – will you also be able to earn those Drop, Ampli and other app based rewards that also track your spending on credit cards? I’m not sure if you can link multiple programs to one card? Perhaps one of our readers who do utilize them could let us know if you can double dip on that side of things!
Want to learn more about the updated AIR MILES program watch the video below or click here for our article.
Images via AIR MILES