Here’s your Rewards Canada Daily update! Your daily dose (or near
daily dose) of loyalty program, credit card and travel news, bonuses,
deals and more. This update is brought to you by the HSBC World Elite Mastercard which is currently offering a welcome bonus of up to 70,000 bonus points and no annual fee in the first year!
There are several credit cards in Canada that award 5x points on
purchases at select merchants but surprisingly those 5x points aren’t
all equal. We’ve updated our very popular article When earning 5x points isn’t the same as earning 5x points – a loyalty lesson as the negative changes from BMO kicked in last month and now we have the positive change from American Express that happened yesterday. Read that post here!
Image via BMO/Twitter
Yesterday we let you know that TD extended the current welcome bonus on the TD® Aeroplan® Visa Infinite* Card but the bank also extended the 50,000 point + Buddy Pass offer on the TD® Aeroplan® Visa Infinite Privilege* Card as well as the 6% cash back offer with first year free on the TD Cash Back Visa Infinite* Card and the 60,000 point + first year free offer on the TD® First Class Travel® Visa Infinite* Card.
You can see all these offers on our TD page.
Yet another Amex Offers offer to let you know about. I received this one on my Cobalt Card and it is for monthly streaming with Sirius XM:
Register your eligible Card and earn a $5 statement credit when you
make a SiriusXM Streaming monthly subscription purchase of at least $9
charged to your registered Card at www.siriusxm.ca/amex by 31/10/2021. Limit of 3 credits. Registration cap applies. Terms apply.
You can see this and many other offers in our Guide to American Express Canada ‘Amex Offers’
Rewards Canada reader Ian commented with a great idea for the American Express Gold Rewards Card in our post about tweaking the card:
“No FX fees ? Get this ball rolling in Canada – it ain’t going to be
the big 5 banks .. they work together so we need the other major
players to step up!”
This would be the ideal card for Amex to implement their first ever
public No FX fee benefit. Several reasons why is the card is considered a
travel card and No FX fees go hand in hand with travel plus I feel that
in terms of a revenue hit putting No FX fees on the Gold Rewards Card
it would be less so than offering it on a card like the Cobalt Card. Read more about our thoughts on tweaking the Gold Rewards Card here.
Posts since our last update:
- Marriott Bonvoy modifies Points Advance booking feature – limited to a 60 day hold now
Points Advance, a very popular feature of the Marriott Bonvoy program underwent some changes this week. The changes…
- Mogo Platinum Prepaid Mastercard earn rate will be bumped up to a flat 2% as of June 1
Great news in the world of prepaid credit cards – Mogo will be increasing the cash back rate…
- AIR MILES Bonus Boom returns on June 17 – earn 95 bonus miles when you use three different Bonus Boom offers
AIR MILES and BMO have once again sent out a teaser email about the return of the AIR MILES…
- May 27 Update: Every 2nd night free + double points at Sandman Hotels and 25% off select gift cards through RBC Rewards
Here’s your Rewards Canada Daily update! Your daily dose (or near daily dose) of loyalty program, credit card and…
Aer Lingus: Travel from Toronto to Europe from $479. Book by June 8 for travel September 1 – March 31, 2022. Find out more here.
Fairmont Hotels Canada Residents Rate for stays in B.C.
– Save up to 20% enjoy complimentary parking, a room upgrade and a
late check out of 5pm for stays at the Fairmont Waterfront Vancouver,
Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, Fairmont Pacific Rim Vancouver, Fairmont
Vancouver Airport or the Fairmont Empress Victoria. Book this offer here
Motley Fool Canada: Have Money to Invest? New Stock Picks Every Month from Legendary Investors. Now Only $99
Simplify the way you trade cryptocurrency by joining me on NDAX – Use my referral link and we will both get $10. Learn more here.
WealthSimple Trade: Receive $10 when you deposit and trade at least $100 worth of stock with WealthSimple Trade. Find out more here (We will also receive $25 when you sign up with our link)
Rewards Canada receives a small commission when you use any of
the above offers. You don’t have to chose to use our links but we thank
you in advance if you do.
Canadian Bonus Offers
Other Bonus Offers
Hyatt World of Hyatt
– Up to 1,000 Bonus World of Hyatt points per night for stays at the Hyatt Regency Shanghai Songjiang. More… Until Aug 30, 21
– Up to 1,000 Bonus World of Hyatt points per night for stays at The Seabird Resort Oceanside. More… Until Aug 30, 21
– Up to 1,000 Bonus World of Hyatt points per night for stays at the Hyatt Place Charlotte / University Research Park. More… Until Aug 30, 21
– 2,000 Bonus Bonvoy Points per stay at the Clearwater Beach Marriott Suites on Sand Key. More… Until Jul 17, 21
Red Roof Inn RediRewards
– 7,000 Bonus RediPoints when you complete two separate stays at Red
Roof Inn, Red Roof PLUS+, The Red Collection and HomeTowne Studios by
Red Roof f in the U.S., Japan, Brazil and Canada.More… Until Sep 7, 21
Stash Hotel Rewards
– 1,000 Bonus Stash Rewards Points when you book any hotel stays via Stash Rewards. More… Book by Jun 30, 21