Back in March WestJet announced they were extending the validity of companion vouchers that were set to expire during the height of the pandemic. These are the vouchers that come from the WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard and WestJet RBC Mastercard or are issued as Elite Tier Milestone awards. The new expiry date set on those vouchers was January 31 and it appears WestJet will be holding true to that date. We had hopes they would extend them further but as of right now that doesn’t seem to be the case as is worded in this limited time promotion that launches today.
For the next week WestJet Rewards members can choose to share there vouchers with others – that is you can use them to book travel for two other people instead of yourself and one other traveller. So if you have grandparents that want to come out to visit you for Christmas you can use your voucher to book two round trip flights for them. And while you’re at it why not let them fly in extra comfort as the vouchers can be used for Premium Economy 😀. You can book flights with the vouchers for as far as WestJet’s schedule is published to but for this promotion they have to be booked by November 11, 2020.
Here are the main
- Companion voucher owner must sign in and make the booking
- Both travellers must be booked on the same reservation
- Booking period: November 5-11, 2020 (11:59 p.m. MT)
- No blackouts, travel anytime
- Eligible flights based on voucher type
- Eligible companion vouchers: WestJet Elite Companion Voucher, Annual credit card round-trip companion voucher, WestJet-wide companion voucher
- Other than who can travel, all other companion voucher rules apply.