Rexall has brought back the sign up bonus for
preregistering for their loyalty program that will launch on May 1.
With today’s news we now know it will be called Be Well and it will replace AIR MILES as the loyalty program for Rexall. We first brought you the details
of the program back in February and the new offer is the same as the
one in February whereby you preregister for the program and they’ll
award you 10,000 points when it launches. Those 10,000 points are worth
$4. If you haven’t preregistered already you are eligible to earn this
bonus now as long as you sign up by April 29. Find out more and preregister here.
Best Western has finally published a COVID-19
cancellation policy. Prior to this they were leaving it up to each
individual hotel as to what they wanted to do with non-refundable/non-cancellable reservations. They have now set in place a policy for
their locations in Canada, the U.S. and Caribbean as follows:
- The policy applies to any reservation for any future arrival date.
- The policy applies to hotels located in the U.S., Canada, and the Caribbean.
- Guests may cancel at any time, as long as cancellation occurs
least 24 hours before arrival, and the reservation is cancelled on or
before June 30, 2020.
- Hotels will waive all fees associated with the cancellation of the booking.
- Applies to all booking channels.
- A more restrictive cancellation policy may apply to a limited number of high-demand dates at individual hotels
- Learn more about BW’s policy here
And on the topic of hotels – the occupancy of hotels in Canada
for the week of March 31 to April 6 dropped from 79% in 2019 to 12.8%.
Ouch. The worst decline was seen in Quebec with occupancy rates dropping
to 6.1% from 89.8%. (Source Canadian Lodging News)
It appears that Etihad is planning to resume 5x weekly flights between Toronto and Abu Dhabi as of April 22 (Source RoutesOnline)
Remember to visit and bookmark our COVID-19 resource page
where we are keeping you up to date with all the latest airline, hotel,
lounges and loyalty program news, policies, closures and more.
Other resources on Rewards Canada to help you make the most of your points and miles right now:
- Shifting your loyalty program strategy to help during these trying and tough financial times
light of what’s going on in the world should you shift to a cash back
credit card instead of a travel card? Why not a card that has both?
- Use Instacart to circumvent Loblaw stores non-acceptance of Amex and to earn 5x points with the Cobalt Card
Posts since our last update:
- American AAdvantage provides elite status extension, lowers qualification requirements and more
American Airlines is the last of the big 3 U.S. airlines to come out with details for the elite…
9 Update: Air Canada & WestJet to hire back laid off employees,
even discontinued grandfathered Mastercards get new benefits & Air
Canada’s May flight schedule
Air Canada and WestJet will re-hire over 16,000 and 6,000
employees respectively thanks to the Government of Canada’s
Stream Man With a Plan commercial-free on CBS All Access Canada. Join now & get 1 month FREE!. Find out more here.
Enterprise: Student Travel Assistance – Waiving young renter fees and reducing the minimum age to 18 for rentals through May 31, 2020. Find out more here
Hello Fresh: save $65 in total, including free shipping on the first box! Find out more here.
Missfresh: Simplify your life with 45% off your first 2 consecutive orders with code SIMPLIFY45. Find out more here.
Rewards Canada receives a small commission when you use any of
the above offers. You don’t have to chose to use our links but we thank
you in advance if you do.
Canadian Bonus Offers
No new bonuses added today
Other Bonus Offers
No new bonuses added today
Follow Rewards Canada: