We see the return of another Aeroplan conversion bonus! Unlike the summer offer this one only focuses on hotel loyalty program transfers and offers up to a 30% bonus. Like all of Aeroplan’s conversion bonuses of late you don’t have to convert all at once rather they will tally all of transfers made by the end of the promotion and then you will be rewarded with a bonus that corresponds with the number of Aeroplan miles you earned from those transfers. The transfer levels and their corresponding bonus are as follows:
Most of Aeroplan’s hotel partners are participating in the promotion so you can convert from any of the following to add to your final tally:
Your best bet for transfers is Starwood Preferred Guest of course since they transfer 1 to 1 to Aeroplan and if you transfer 20,000 Starpoints at one time SPG will through in an additional 5,000 miles for 25,000 Aeroplan miles. With the conversion bonus you are actually looking at adding at least 20% to that so you’ll get 30,000 Aeroplan Miles for the 20,000 Starpoints. As you may have seen on the Rewards Canada site last week, SPG is actually running a discount for buying their Starpoints of up to 50%. If you actually qualify for the 50% off like we did you can buy 20,000 Starpoints for US$350 which means you can buy 30,000 Aeroplan miles for that amount. Seeing that 30,000 Aeroplan Miles can get you two short haul tickets that cost more than US$350 you can see the potential value in buying Starpoints and then converting to Aeroplan. Of course many of you collect Starpoints anyways which can all be converted to Aeroplan. In fact if you can get to the 200,000 mile level in transfers you’ll end up with 260,000 Aeroplan Miles which is more than enough points for two business class tickets to Europe. Some of you may find great value in that.
Another route to look at is Marriott Rewards Hotel+Air package options. These are the packages where you can redeem Marriott Rewards points for free nights at there hotels plus a certain amount of airline miles. For Aeroplan the Hotel+Air package looks like this:
If you are sitting on 270,000 or more Marriott Rewards points you can end up with 7 nights at a Category 1-5 hotel plus 150,000 Aeroplan Miles (120,000 + 25% bonus)
Of course if you have points sitting in other hotel programs that you may never use or are about to expire you should look at transferring them to Aeroplan so that you actually get some value out of them!
Earn up to 30% Bonus Aeroplan Miles when you convert Hotel loyalty programs points to Aeroplan Miles. Full details Until Dec 12, 16
– 20% bonus when you convert 2,500 to 99,999 miles worth of points
– 25% bonus when you convert 100,000 to 199,999 miles worth of points
– 30% bonus when you convert 200,000+ miles worth of points
You can always look at grabbing hotel credit cards just for conversion bonuses like this. Although time is limited and the bonuses you get from these cards probably won’t post in time for this conversion period you can definitely have them ready for the next bonus!
The Starwood Preferred Guest®* Credit Card from American Express
• New Starwood Preferred Guest®* Credit Card from American
Express Cardmembers, earn 20,000 bonus Starpoints® after you charge $500
in purchases to your Card in your first three months of Cardmembership.
• Earn 1 Starpoint for every $1 in purchases charged to the Card
• Enjoy a Free Weekend Night Award when you reach $40,000 in purchases each year
• Experience Starwood Gold Preferred Guest status when you reach $30,000 in purchases each year
• Redeem Starpoints for Free Nights with no blackout dates at
over 1,200 of the world’s most desired hotels in nearly 100 countries
• Use Starpoints for flights on over 150 airlines with no blackout dates with SPG Flights
• Experience once-in-a-lifetime events with SPG Moments
• American Express Invites™ opens the door to great music,
theatre, dining, film, fashion and shopping experiences. Be among the
first to know, and among the first to go!
• Add a Supplementary Card and the first year’s annual fee is on us. That’s a value of $50.
· You can use Apple Pay on your eligible device to pay for
goods and services at participating American Express contactless
• Annual interest rate 19.99% on purchases and 21.99% on funds advances
• American Express is not responsible for maintaining or
monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details
and current product information click the Apply now link.
• Conditions apply
Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Card
30,000 Bonus Rewards Points when you apply
for and receive the Premier card. Points are awarded after your
Annual Fee: $120 (waived in the first year)
Supplementary cards: free
30,000 Marriott Rewards Points sign up bonus after your first purchase
5 Marriott Rewards points per $ spent at Marriott locations
2 Marriott Rewards points per $ spent on Airline Tickets, Car Rental agencies and restaurants
1 Marriott Rewards point on all other spending
15 Night credit towards elite status, which translates to automatic Silver status
Anniversary bonus of 1 free night at a Category 1 – 5 location
Best Western MasterCard® Credit Card
• Earn 40,000 Best Western Rewards® points†† on your first purchase – qualifying you for two free nights
• Earn 1 Best Western Rewards® point for every $1 in eligible purchases‡
• Earn 5 Best Western Rewards® points for every $1 in eligible purchases at Best Western properties‡
• You will be awarded “Gold Status” upon first use of your
credit card and “Diamond Status” when you spend $10,000 in eligible
purchases within one year◊◊
• No limit to the Best Western Rewards® points that can be earned using the credit card in a year
• Use your Best Western Rewards® points in many ways – hotel
stays, elite status upgrades◊◊, dining, airfare, gift cards and more.
• 1.99% promotional annual interest rate† (AIR) on balance transfers✪ for the first 10 full months
Apply now for the Best Western MasterCard® Credit Card