Citing big losses, Delta announced they will be adding a $50 fee for checking in a second bag on International flights to try and generate more revenue. They are the first large U.S. airline to impose such a fee, most including Delta have had checked bag fees for Canada/U.S. Domestic flights but none on International flights.
The fee went into effect for tickets purchased after April 22 for travel on or after July 1.
The following passengers will be exempt from the fees:
* First and Business Class passengers
* SkyMiles and WorldPerks Elite members (Executive/Platinum/Gold and Silver, including Flying Colonels)
* Active duty military members traveling on orders
* Passengers who purchased tickets prior to April 22, 2009
* Passengers who are confirmed on a Full Y class Economy ticket.