Marriott Rewards® and Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®), the innovative and award-winning loyalty programs of Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) have announced an industry-leading points earning opportunity for Canadian members of its co-brand credit cards following Marriott International’s recent acquisition of Starwood Hotels and Resorts.This is awesome news! We knew that the Chase Marriott card in the U.S. expanded its 5 times earning to stays at Starwood Hotels about a month ago. We asked Chase Canada at that time if it was coming to Canada and they told us it was in the works. Well its now here! So now you'll earn 5x Marriott Rewards points per dollar spent at all Marriott and Starwood brands! The news we did not know about until today was the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card news! This is awesome news as now you'll earn 2 Starpoints per dollar spent at all Marriott and Starwood brands. Seeing that those can covert to Marriott at a 1:3 ratio it means it earns 6 Marriott Rewards points per dollar spent at all those hotels!
Canadian Chase Canada Cardmembers and American Express Cardmembers can enjoy the following NEW offers:
· Beginning December 1, 2016, Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Credit Card from Chase Canada Cardmembers can earn five Marriott Rewards points for every eligible dollar spent using their Card on qualifying purchases made at participating global SPG properties. These Cardmembers already currently earn five Marriott Rewards points for every eligible dollar spent using their Card on qualifying purchases made at participating global Marriott Rewards properties.
· Beginning today, Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express Cardmembers in Canada can earn two Starpoints® for every eligible dollar spent using the Card directly at hotels participating in SPG and Marriott Rewards globally. This promotion will run until November 2017.
We hold both these cards in our family so we are super excited for this news as we do frequent Starwood Hotels a lot so now that 2 Starpoints per dollar is a welcome addition!!
What are your thoughts on this news?
Here are the cards and their respective details
Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Card
30,000 Bonus Rewards Points when you apply for and receive the Premier card. Points are awarded after your first purchase.
Annual Fee: $120 (waived in the first year)
Supplementary cards: free
30,000 Marriott Rewards Points sign up bonus after your first purchase
5 Marriott Rewards points per $ spent at Marriott locations & Starwood locations
2 Marriott Rewards points per $ spent on Airline Tickets, Car Rental agencies and restaurants
1 Marriott Rewards point on all other spending
15 Night credit towards elite status, which translates to automatic Silver status
Anniversary bonus of 1 free night at a Category 1 - 5 location
Canadian Residents Only
Chase is not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details and current product information click the Apply now link. Conditions apply
Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express
• New Starwood Preferred Guest®* Credit Card from American Express Cardmembers, earn 20,000 bonus Starpoints® after you charge $500 in purchases to your Card in your first three months of Cardmembership.
• Earn 2 Starpoints for every $1 in purchases charged to the Card for Marriott & Starwood stays
• Earn 1 Starpoint for every $1 in purchases charged to the Card
• Enjoy a Free Weekend Night Award when you reach $40,000 in purchases each year
• Experience Starwood Gold Preferred Guest status when you reach $30,000 in purchases each year
• Redeem Starpoints for Free Nights with no blackout dates at over 1,200 of the world's most desired hotels in nearly 100 countries
• Use Starpoints for flights on over 150 airlines with no blackout dates with SPG Flights
• Experience once-in-a-lifetime events with SPG Moments
• American Express Invites™ opens the door to great music, theatre, dining, film, fashion and shopping experiences. Be among the first to know, and among the first to go!
· You can use Apple Pay on your eligible device to pay for goods and services at participating American Express contactless merchants
• Annual interest rate 19.99% on purchases and 21.99% on funds advances
• American Express is not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details and current product information click the Apply now link.
• Conditions apply