Next month HSBC is bringing back their transfer bonus to British Airways Executive Club and this time it will be a 30% bonus! The last few iterations of the bonus have seen it at 35% and 40%, so not as high this time but still a very worthy bonus to consider. This could be a prime time for those of you who grabbed the HSBC World Elite Mastercard in Fall of 2020 and missed the offer last July to convert now. Those of you who signed up for the card in Fall of 2021 with the 100K bonus should have a sizeable amount of points as well to consider converting.
Normally you would redeem 25,000 HSBC Rewards Points for 10,000 Avios:
However with this offer that brings it up to 13,000 Avios for those 25,000
points. This equates to 1.56 to 3.12 Avios per dollar spent on the World
Elite version of their Mastercards! For those who have earned the 100K bonus from over the past couple of years you are looking at 52,000 Avios not including the points you earned on the actual spend.
British Airways Executive Club definitely has some good sweet spots – like redeeming for flights on Aer Lingus between Toronto and Dublin. You can book that round trip flight in Economy Class to Dublin from Toronto for as little as 26,000 Avios. That means with this bonus it only take 50,000 HSBC Rewards Points to get that flight. That’s just one example of the power of British Airways Executive Club – there are lots of others like flights between the U.K. and Europe, intra-Asia flights and so much more where big value can be had.
This offer runs from June 1 to June 30, 2022 and is good for primary cardholder of an HSBC Premier Mastercard®,
HSBC Premier World
Mastercard®, HSBC World Elite® Mastercard, HSBC Premier World Elite®
Mastercard®, or HSBC Jade World Elite® Mastercard® cards.
Related: HSBC World Elite Mastercard review
All HSBC Rewards Mastercards listed above are Hybrid Rewards Credit Cards – a favourite type of card of Rewards Canada! Check out why we think so here:
Terms and conditions of this offer:
• This offer is available if you request to redeem your Points between June 1, 2022 at 12:01am EST and June 30, 2022 at 11:59pm EST. (the “Offer Period”). Points redeemed for Avios during the Offer period will be converted to 30% more Avios than redemptions requested as of May 31, 2022.
• To redeem Points for Avios, you must be the primary cardholder of an HSBC Premier Mastercard®, HSBC Premier World Mastercard®, HSBC World Elite® Mastercard, HSBC Premier World Elite® Mastercard®, or HSBC Jade World Elite® Mastercard® card issued by HSBC Bank Canada (HSBC) and currently enrolled in the HSBC Premier Rewards Program, the HSBC Premier World Rewards Program, HSBC World Elite Rewards Program, the HSBC Premier World Elite Rewards Program or the HSBC Jade World Elite Rewards Program. You must also have a British Airways Executive Club account in the same name at the time you request to redeem your Points. “Points” are points earned and credited in connection with the HSBC Premier Rewards Program, the HSBC Premier World Rewards Program, the HSBC World Elite Rewards Program, the HSBC Premier World Elite Rewards Program, or the HSBC Jade World Elite Rewards Program and “Avios” are points of British Airways Executive Club.
• HSBC World Elite Mastercard, HSBC Premier World Elite Mastercard, or HSBC Jade World Elite Mastercard: A minimum of 25,000 Points must be converted per redemption request. The conversion rate of Points to Avios is available at rewards.hsbc.ca.
• HSBC Premier Mastercard or HSBC Premier World Mastercard: A minimum of 10,000 Points must be converted per redemption request. The conversion rate of Points to Avios is available at rewards.hsbc.ca.
• All Terms and Conditions of the applicable HSBC Rewards Program apply to this offer.
• Please allow up to 30 business days for your Avios to be posted to your British Airways Executive Club account after your request is received. Evidence of submission is not evidence of receipt.•Points will be immediately deducted from your Rewards Account once you complete the redemption. Once you request to redeem, you cannot withdraw your request or receive a return or refund.
• Reward flights and cabin upgrades are subject to availability. Taxes, fees and carrier charges apply.
• British Airways is responsible for the British Airways Executive Club. Avios are redeemed in accordance to the Executive Club terms and conditions which can be found at ba.com/theclubterms.
All images via HSBC