has been no shortage of hotel stay incentives across the country due to
the pandemic and we’ve covered many of those offers right here on
Rewards Canada. Whether it’s Quebec City, Kingston or the ongoing offers
from the various city or regional tourism boards that you’ve seen on
our blog – there’s some good options out there to earn free nights or to
pad your wallet with gift cards. It’s that latter one, the awarding of
gift cards and rewards that we want to remind you of for stays in Edmonton. This
offer from Edmonton’s Best Hotels allows savvy travellers to earn up to $225 in rewards at any one of over 50 hotels in the region.
makes the offer from Edmonton’s Best Hotels stand out and be different
from many of those other offers is that you get to pick which type of
gift cards and rewards you want to receive. With this offer the rewards
really stack up, the longer you stay the more rewards you receive. Have
a one night stay and you’ll get a $50 reward. Add one more night to
that and you get an additional $100 gift card or reward for $150 in
total rewards and three or more nights? You’ll get one more $75 gift
card or reward for a total of $225 in rewards!
are over 50 hotels to choose from in the Edmonton region that are
participating in this promotion. These include budget friendly locations
like the Comfort Inn West Edmonton right up to some of Edmonton’s most
sought after locations like the JW Marriott Edmonton Ice District and
the Fairmont Hotel Macdonald.
gift card rewards and options are dependent on how many nights you book
for each stay at any of the participating hotels. Here is a breakdown
of those options
One Night Stay Rewards – $50 gift card
you are only needing to stay one night in Edmonton, You can pick from
any one of the following three options to receive as your reward:
- One Night Reward 1: $50 Gas Card
- One Night Reward 2: $50 Prepaid Mastercard
- One Night Reward 3: $50 Ultimate Dining Card
Two Night Stay Rewards – $150 in gift cards
you are looking to stay 2 nights you are going to rack up $150 in
rewards that you can pick out of the following five options:
- Two Night Reward 1: $150 Prepaid Mastercard
- Two Night Reward 2: $75 Prepaid Mastercard + $75 Gas Card
- Two Night Reward 3: $75 Gas Card + $75 Ultimate Dining Card
- Two Night Reward 4: $75 Prepaid Mastercard + $75 Ultimate Dining Card
- Two Night Reward 5: River Valley Adventure Experience** + $75 Prepaid Mastercard
Three or more night Stay Rewards – $225 in rewards
if you are planning a three night or longer stay you’ll get an
additional $75 in rewards on top the $150 already being rewarded for two
nights for a total ot. These are the four $225 reward options for those
stays of 3 pr more nights:
- Three Night Reward 1: $225 Prepaid Mastercard
- Three Night Reward 2: $75 Gas Card + $75 Prepaid Mastercard + Sorrentino’s 4 Course Dinner for Two with Wine
- Three Night Reward 3: $75 Ultimate Dining Card + $75 Prepaid Mastercard + $75 Gas Card
- Three Night Reward 4: $75 Prepaid Mastercard + River Valley Adventure Experience** + $75 Ultimate Dining Card
the thing, the Three Night Reward Package #2 actually works out
to be worth quite a bit more than $225. After taking a quick look at
Sorrentino’s menu the four course private dining menu runs $92 per person so that alone is worth $184!. Just saying… that might be the package to go for if you want to
maximize your value!
How and when do you get the rewards?
earn any of these rewards the hotel stays do have to be booked via the
Edmonton’s Best Hotels website. The rewards will then be emailed to
guest within 24 hours of checking in to the hotel.
Examples of the value to be had
Here is a three night stay at the Days Inn by Wyndham Edmonton Downtown that works out great as they even provide discounted AAA/CAA rates via Edmonton’s Best Hotels:
this example we chose the $225 prepaid Mastercard so technically
speaking you only end up $80 out of pocket for a three night stay.
How about two nights at the Westin Edmonton?
you pay the same flexible rate that you would if you booked direct with
Marriott without being a Marriott Bonvoy member. If you are a Marriott
Bonvoy member and book direct the stay would be $509 including all fees
however you wouldn’t be receiving the $150 in gift cards or rewards. I’d
say it’s a good deal to pay $27 extra to receive the $150!
There have been some updates to the terms of the offer since the last time we posted about this offer to make sure the offer isn’t gamed. Those key terms are as follows:
- Edmonton Best Hotels honours up to 3 consecutive days only. If you check in for three days and then check out and check in the very next day, we consider this a consecutive booking even if it may be at a different hotel.
- You cannot make more than one booking under the same name for the same dates. For example, if a guest books a two night stay on April 1 and 2 at a hotel and then makes another two night stay booking for the same dates at the same hotel or another hotel, EBH considers this a double booking and will honour rewards for only one of those bookings. We also note double bookings and contact the guest when this occurs.
Wrapping it up
for business or pleasure, if your travels (or staycation) are set to
take you to Alberta’s capital region in the next few months this is
offer from Edmonton’s Best Hotels is definitely one to consider. I know a
lot of our readers have utilized and raved about the gift card
promotions from StayVancouver, so if you’re familiar with that then
you’ll know this Edmonton offer is just as sweet of a deal.
post was sponsored by Edmonton Destination Marketing Hotels. The views
and opinions expressed in this article, however, are purely those of