The very popular Scotia Gold American Express Card is currently offering 45,000 points which are worth $450 towards any travel that you book via any method and
charge to the card. The bonus is broken up into two separate
requirements. the first 25,000 points are awarded when you spend at
least $1,000 on the card in the first 3 months and then you can earn an
additional 20,000 points when you spend at least $7,500 in your first
year of having the card.
Here’s the direct wording from Scotia on how this is awarded:
To qualify for the 45,000 bonus Scene+ points offer:
- Earn 25,000 bonus Scene+ points by making at least $1,000 in
everyday eligible purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
- Plus, for a limited time, you are eligible to earn a 20,000 Scene+
point bonus when you spend at least $7,500 in everyday eligible
purchases in your first year.
Once you qualify, we’ll credit your account in 2 instalments:
- 25,000 bonus Scene+ points will be credited to your account within
approximately 2-3 business days following the qualifying $1,000 in net
purchases being posted to your Account in your first 3 months.
- An additional 20,000 bonus Scene+ points will be credited within
approximately 2-3 business days after you have met the $7,500 annual
spend threshold in your first year.
Individuals who are currently or were previously primary or secondary
cardholders of a Scotiabank retail credit card in the past 2 years,
including those that switch from an existing Scotiabank retail credit
card, as well as employees of Scotiabank, are not eligible for this
The Scotiabank Gold American
Express card is one of the best point earning cards in Canada with a
true 5x points earn rate on select spending categories that equates to a
5% return when redeemed for travel. You can redeem for travel via any provider which means you can simply buy it wherever you like, directly from the airline, hotel etc. or you can choose to book via Scene+ Travel where you can earn extra points.
The card also features No Foreign
Transaction fees which means you save 2.5% on average for any purchases
made outside of Canada.
Here are the details on the card Rewards Canada ranks as the #1 Travel Points Credit Card in Canada:
• Earn 5 Scene+ points for every $1 you spend at eligible grocery stores, dining and entertainment
• Earn 3 Scene+ points for every $1 you spend at eligible
gas stations, daily transit, and select streaming services
• Earn 1 point for every $1 you spend on all other eligible everyday purchases
• No Foreign Transaction fees
• Complimentary Concierge Services 24/7
• Amex exclusive benefits (Front Of The Line)
• Use your points to purchase travel online or over the phone
through our full-service travel agency. Or book your own travel using
your card and go online to redeem points for the purchase.
Receive discounts and other special offers on hotels, airfare, car rentals, cruises and vacation packages.
Low price airfare alerts
Receive up to 25% off qualifying car rentals
Travel emergency medical coverage is automatically provided for eligible persons for up to 25 consecutive days
• Redeem points for merchandise and other rewards
This increased welcome bonus offer is available on new applications made
by July 4, 2022. You’ll note that if you have or have had a
Scotiabank credit card (including a supplementary card) in the past two years you are not eligible for