This past March TD came out with new welcome offers on most of their credit cards including the TD® Aeroplan® Visa Infinite Privilege* Card. For this card they went away from the Buddy Pass offer and moved to an all points offer. That offer provides up to 105,000 bonus Aeroplan points which is a new record high offer in terms of the number of points awarded. You have to apply online to get this bonus and there is just over a month left to get in on it as it is scheduled to end on May 29, 2022. This offer is not
available for residents of Quebec. For Quebec residents, please click here.
Once approved you’ll get 20,000 points right off the bat when you make your first purchase on the
card. Then you will earn 8,500 bonus Aeroplan points per month when you spend $1,000 each month for the first 10 months up to a total of 85,000 additional Aeroplan points. As we value Aeroplan points at no less than 1.5 cents each those 105,000 points are worth a minimum of $1,575 ($976 if you subtract the annual fee) However most Aeroplan members should
be able to extract more value than that especially if redeeming for
business or first class flights.
Now that we’ve covered the welcome offer let’s look at what the card offers as it’s standard earn rates and benefits:
card itself earns 2 Aeroplan points per dollar spent with Air
Canada (including Air Canada Vacations) It also earns 1.5 Aeroplan
points for gas, grocery, travel and dining purchases and all other
purchases earn 1.25 Aeroplan points per dollar spent on the card.
💳 Rwrds reminder: Which credit card earns the most Aeroplan Points? 💳
And it provides the following benefits:
- Preferred Pricing – Holders of these cards will receive discounts when redeeming miles for Aeroplan reward flights
- First Checked Bag Free
– Cardholders will receive their first checked bag free for themselves
and up to 8 other travellers on the same reservation. This benefit works
on both paid and award flights on Air Canada.
- Elite Status Earning
– These cards earn 1,000 SQM (Status Qualifying Miles) and 1 SQS
(Status Qualifying Segment) for every $5,000 spent on the card(s)
- Maple Leaf Lounge Access – You can access Maple Leaf lounges in North America with the card
- Priority Pass Membership with 6 free lounge visits
- Receive one Annual Worldwide Companion Pass when you spend $25,000 in net purchases prior to your Card anniversary date
- Zone 2 Priority Boarding when you fly with Air Canada
- Up to 200,000 miles in rollover status qualifying miles
- Each Cardholder on the Account will receive a rebate of up to $100 CAD for a NEXUS™ application and/or renewal fee.
- Hotel/Motel Burglary Insurance coverage up to $2,500 per occurrence for
each Cardholder on the Account and eligible family members travelling
with the Cardholder.
- Mobile Device Insurance coverage up to $1,500 for eligible mobile
devices in the event of loss, theft, accidental damage, or mechanical
The card has almost every other insurance
coverage under the sun except for damaged baggage insurance (but it does
have lost/stolen/delayed baggage coverage).
also should be noted is that benefits are shared with secondary (aka
supplementary/additional) cardholders. That means those who have cards
under the primary cardholder will also benefit from items like the first
checked bag free and the NEXUS benefit.
† Terms and Conditions apply.
Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD) is not responsible for the contents of this
site including any editorials or reviews that may appear on this site.
For complete and current information on any TD product, please click the
Apply Now button or links.
This website receives monetary compensation for the products and services you obtain through links on the site