Here’s your Rewards Canada Daily update! Your daily dose (or near
daily dose) of loyalty program, credit card and travel news, bonuses,
deals and more. This update is brought to you by the HSBC World Elite Mastercard which
is currently offering a welcome bonus of up to 100,000 bonus points
worth $500, has no foreign transaction fees and no annual fee in the
Be prepared for a whole bunch of loyalty program news, changes and
more over the next couple of weeks!
- The week of November 14 should see:
- Two totally new credit cards
- A whole new loyalty program being
- and the
details of the new AIR MILES Flights (they stated November
- The week of November 21 will see the launch of Scene+, which is
the new combined program of Cineplex’s SCENE and Scotia’s Scotia Rewards
And that’s only from the news we actually know about right now! There
could be even more that hasn’t been told to us yet. Be sure to keep
an eye out right here on the Rewards Canada blog and our social media
channels for all the details! If you don’t follow us yet be sure to do
so on Twitter and Facebook!
Yet another new addition to Marriott Hotels here in Canada. Just like
the news about the Josie Hotel last week, we have found another
existing hotel that has just recently became part of the Marriott family
in Canada. That hotel is The Insignia Hotel Sarnia and it joins Marriott
as Tribute Portfolio hotel. This luxury boutique hotel with 84 rooms has
landed as a Category 4 hotel in the Marriott Bonvoy program. Click here to learn more about this hotel.
Image via Marriott Hotels
Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection, the new cruise line from the ultra luxurious hotel chain is now part of Marriott Bonvoy. Bonvoy member will be able to earn and redeem points for cruises, receive extra benefits based on elite status and more. They also state Marriott co-branded cards will earn accelerated points for the cruise purchases however we don’t know if that is just for U.S. based cards or if it will apply to Canadian Marriott cards as well. We have reached to Amex to confirm.
- Members will earn five points per $1 spent on the cruise fare
only, as well as on the hotel package rate for participating Marriott
Bonvoy hotels booked through The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection.
- Members can redeem an initial 180,000 points toward a $1,000
savings on the cruise fare, and increments of 90,000 points may be
redeemed toward a $500 savings thereafter. Full redemption may be
- Members will receive one elite night credit per night on board toward achieving higher Elite status.
- Cruise fare and hotel package rate will be applied toward the
annual qualifying spend for members striving for Marriott Bonvoy
Ambassador Elite status.
- Members can accelerate the points earned on their voyage purchase
and even more when using their Marriott Bonvoy co-branded credit cards
from JPMorgan Chase and American Express.
Here are the benefits Bonvoy elites will receive:
Images via Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection
If you are playing the U.S. credit card game a new card launched
today in the U.S. that is a serious contender in that market. The
Capital One Venture X is an Ultra Premium card with great earn rates and
some amazing benefits. Check it out on our global site here.
Image via Capital One
Our Black Friday / Cyber Monday / Holiday 2021 Deals pages in now live! Check it out here and be sure to visit it often as new offers are being added all the time.
Posts since our last update:
- HSBC’s low interest Mastercard is offering a welcome bonus of 30,000 bonus points and no annual fee in the first year
There’s been a lot of focus around the return of the 100K points offer on the HSBC World…
- Awesome deal – Stay 3 nights at the St. Regis Toronto and only pay for 2 plus get a $100 hotel credit
We found an amazing offer for longer stays at the luxurious St. Regis Toronto hotel! They currently have…
- New Air Canada Aeroplan Booster feature – pay to multiply the points you’ve earned
Aeroplan and Points.com have teamed up again to add yet another points earning initiative for the program. Called Aeroplan…
- Flash Sale: Save up to $100 on Aer Lingus flights from Toronto to Dublin (Book by Nov 9)
Aer Lingus has once again brought back their offer that provides up to an additional $100 off of…
- New Amex Offers for Subway and online shopping at select retailers
It’s Monday so you know what that means? More American Express Amex Offers being revealed! Here in the…
8 Update: Best Western extending status for those who hit a new elite
level in 2021, Emirates Vacations launches in Canada & another
online shopping bonus
Here’s your Rewards Canada Daily update! Your daily dose (or near daily dose) of loyalty program, credit card and…
Hilton: Receive a free night at select Hilton
resorts Worldwide. Receive your 3rd, 6th or 7th night free depending on
the location. Book by Dec 31, 21 Book this offer here.
$50 Disney Gift Card and US$20 Daily F&B Credit when you stay 2 or more nights at the JW Marriott, Anaheim Resort. Valid for stays until Dec 31, 21 Full details & online booking
Simplify the way you trade cryptocurrency by joining me on NDAX – Use my referral link and we will both get $10. Learn more here.
WealthSimple Trade: Receive $10 when you deposit and trade at least $100 worth of stock with WealthSimple Trade. Find out more here (We will also receive $25 when you sign up with our link)
Rewards Canada receives a small commission when you use any of
the above offers. You don’t have to chose to use our links but we thank
you in advance if you do.
Canadian Bonus Offers
Other Bonus Offers
25% Avios Discount when you redeem for award flights on select Iberia Express routes in Spain and Europe. More… Book by Dec 31 for travel until Jan 31, 22
– Triple Avios when you stay at any NH Hotels in Europe or the Americas. More… Until Dec 31, 21
– 500 bonus Bonvoy Points when you use the Marriott app to book a stay Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte. More… Unknown end date
– 1,500 Bonus Bonvoy PER NIGHT for stays at the Westin South Coast Plaza, Costa Mesa. More… Valid for stays between Dec 1, 21 – Jan 8, 22
– Earn up to 1,000 Bonus MileagePlus miles when you sign up with MileagePlus Shopping and spend $25 within 2 weeks. More… Ongoing