RBC’s entry level rewards card, the Signature RBC Rewards Visa currently offers a first year annual fee waiver as part of its welcome bonus. That will change as of November 2nd as the bank will start charging the $39 annual fee in the first year on new applications. CORRECTION: The 3,500 welcome bonus points will also not be carried over as we initially reported. So if you have been considering this card you’ll definitely want to apply for it by November 1. Click here to learn more.
Here are the card details:
Annual fee $39 Additional Cards: $0
Annual interest rate: 19.99% on purchases, 22.99% on cash advances and balance transfers
Credit Rating: Average
• Get the 1st year annual fee waived and 3,500 welcome RBC Rewards points upon approval.
• Low annual fee (no fee for students^ and RBC Signature No Limit Banking® clients*)
• Students must visit a branch to apply for credit card
• Earn rewards like a premium card. Earn 1 RBC Rewards® point for every $1 you spend on qualifying purchases†,
plus earn bonus points through purchases at selected retailers using
your RBC Rewards credit card. Redeem your points for gift cards,
merchandise, travel rewards, and RBC Financial Rewards® vouchers. Rewards start as low as 2,500 points!
• Great insurance benefits—including car rental, purchase security and extended warranty
• Link your RBC card with a Petro-Points membership and instantly
save 3¢/L on fuel at Petro-Canada stations and earn 20% more
Petro-Points and 20% more RBC rewards points
Get $0 delivery fees for 3 months from DoorDash14 – Add your eligible RBC credit card to your DoorDash account to:
• Get a 3-month complimentary DashPass subscription15 – a value of almost $30
• Enjoy unlimited deliveries with $0 delivery fees on orders of $12 or more when you pay with your eligible RBC credit card
Corresponding legal references and product terms are
available on the RBC website, which will be available and agreed upon in
the customer onboarding process.