Earlier we detailed the awesome new bonus offer for the Scotia Gold American Express Card and as mentioned in that post there is also a new offer for the Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite card.
The new offer for the Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite card sees it retain the up to 40,000 points we’ve now seen since late 2020 but now Scotia has sweetened the detail by making the card free in the first year for primary and secondary cardholders and adding an limited time accelerated earn rate on travel purchases. When you are approved for and receive the card you can will earn 5x Scotia Rewards points on travel purchases made in the first three months of having the card up to $2,500 in total. That could equate to an additional 12,500 points (or a 5% return on those purchases when you redeem them for travel)
Here’s the direct wording from Scotia on how this is awarded:
To qualify for 40,000 bonus Scotia Rewards points, make sure to:
- Open a new Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite credit card account by October 31, 2021.
- Earn 30,000 bonus Scotia Rewards points by making at least $1,000 in everyday eligible purchases in your first 3 months.
- Plus, as a Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite cardholder, you are eligible to earn an annual 10,000 Scotia Rewards point bonus when you spend at least $40,000 in everyday net eligible purchases annually.
Once you qualify, we’ll credit your account in 2 instalments:
- 30,000 bonus Scotia Rewards points will be credited to your
account within approximately 2-3 business days following the qualifying
$1,000 in net purchases being posted to your Account in your first 3
- Annual 10,000 bonus Scotia Rewards points will be credited to
your account within approximately 2-3 business days after you have met
the $40,000 annual spend threshold.
Individuals who are currently or were previously primary or secondary
cardholders of a Scotiabank retail credit card in the past 2 years,
including those that switch from an existing Scotiabank retail credit
card, as well as employees of Scotiabank, are not eligible for the
30,000 bonus points offer. All cardholders remain eligible to earn an
annual 10,000 Scotia Rewards point bonus with an annual spend of at least $40,000.
The Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite card is one of the most well rounded travel rewards cards in Canada with decent earn rates, travel perks (like 12 lounge access passes for the next year thanks to the Plaza Premium news) and a really good insurance package. On top of that the card also features no Foreign
Transaction fees which means you save 2.5% on average for any purchases
made outside of Canada
Here are some more details on this card:
• Earn 2x Scotia Rewards® points on every $1
you spend on eligible grocery stores, dining, entertainment purchases
and daily transit purchases (including buses, subways, taxis and more)
• Enjoy no FX Mark-up
• Enjoy Complimentary Airport Lounge Access, plus 6 free lounge visits per year (plus 6 more for 2021/2022!)
• Rates, fees and other information are effective as of Mar 1, 2021. Subject to change.
new increased welcome bonus offer is available on new applications made
by October 31, 2021. Ideally I would try to time applying for this card a few weeks prior to when you know you’ll be making some travel purchases so that you can earn those 5x points. The window to apply is great seeing that you have until Halloween so if you know there are no travel purchases in your near future I would wait. On the other hand if you are just itching to start booking travel jump on this offer right away so you can get that card in your hands and start booking to earn those extra points!