Continuing on with our new hotel openings in Canada series we now take a look at what Hilton has in store for 2021.
Hilton Hotels definitely falls into the category of a major hotel chain as they have over 6,400 hotels globally with a significant presence here in Canada that sees 150+ hotels in nine provinces.
That number is growing quickly as Hilton has many hotels in the pipeline for Canada over the next few years.
The Hilton family of hotels comprise of 18 brands ranging from nice budget hotels in the Hampton Inn brand to ultra luxurious hotels from the iconic Waldorf Astoria brand. Here in Canada we have nine of their brands operating with a tenth coming in 2022.
For 2021 we have nine confirmed Hilton openings in Canada:
- Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Waterloo St. Jacobs
- Slated opening: April 28, 2021
- Now open! Click the link above to book!
- Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Midtown
- Slated opening: June 9, 2021
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Montreal Midtown
- Slated Opening June 9, 2021
- The Westley Calgary Downtown, Tapestry Collection by Hilton
- Slated Opening July 15, 2021
- Slated Opening July 15, 2021
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Montreal Downtown
- Slated Opening: July 2021
- DoubleTree by Hilton Calgary North
- Slated Opening: August 2021
Hampton Inn & Suites Bradford
- Slated Opening: January 2023 – This hotel was destroyed by fire during construction on April 10, 2021. Learn more here.
- Hampton Inn by Hilton Montreal Downtown
- Slated Opening: September 15, 2021
- Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Toronto Downtown
- Slated Opening: September 22, 2021
The slated opening dates are subject to change
On top of that list above the first Canopy by Hilton in Canada was originally set
to open this year but that has been pushed back to 2022. That hotel, the
Canopy by Hilton Toronto will mark the tenth Hilton brand in Canada.
|The Westley Calgary front entrance|
Back to this year’s openings, the hotel that we would say is most anticipated for 2021 is The Westley Calgary Downtown. This will be the second Tapestry Collection Hotel in Canada, the first was Canvas Moncton which is a little over a year old now. Tapestry Collection hotels are upscale independent (think boutique) hotels that are part of the Hilton family. The Westley Calgary promises to unexpect the expected with 104 rooms, a fitness centre, all purpose lounge and more. For dining the hotel has Fonda Fora which will serve Cal-Mexican cuisine.
|Hampton Inn/Homewood Inn Montreal Downtown Plunge Pool|
Also highly anticipated are the dual-branded Hampton Inn by Hilton Montreal Downtown and Homewood Suites by Hilton Montreal Downtown
This property with two hotels is located near Old Montreal, the Montreal Convention Centre and
Chinatown and will feature a rooftop terrace and a seasonal plunge pool.
We should also note Hilton saw the opening of two other hotels this year. The Hilton Vancouver Downtown which many of our readers will be familiar with as it used to be the Westin Grand Vancouver. It opened up as a Hilton this past January and from April 1st to September 30 you can earn 1,000 bonus Honors points per night for stays here! The other hotel was the reopening on New Year’s Day of the Hilton Quebec which underwent a $70 million renovation whose new rooms have a modern, elegant and warm look with breathtaking views.
With nine new hotels slated to open, Hilton matches Marriott for having the most new hotels from the major hotel chains. Like the other brands it is nice to see Hilton to continue to expand their presence here – it is great for Canadian Hilton Honors members to have more locations to earn and burn points domestically. While we don’t have a Hilton co-branded credit card here in Canada you can convert American Express Membership Rewards points to Hilton Honors so that’s one avenue for you to rack up more points to redeem for free nights at these new or any other Hilton locations.
Also remember to take advantage of all the possible Hilton Honors bonus
points offers on all your stays. For example, at the time of posting this article you can earn 2,000 Bonus Honors Points per stay at all participating Hilton Hotels Worldwide until May 2 plus earn an additional 5,000 bonus points for every 5
nights you complete. If you don’t have any stays planned you can also buy Hilton Honors points with a 100% bonus right now! As always you
can find all
the promotions listed on our Hilton Honors Bonus Points page.
Are you excited about any of the new Hilton hotels opening up this year?
Are there any locations or brands you’d like to see in your neck of the
woods? Let us know in the comments below.
Other posts in our 2021 series of new hotel openings in Canada:
- Marriott‘s New Hotel Openings in Canada for 2021 – 9 hotels in the works including the W Toronto & Humaniti Hotel Montreal
Hotels & Resorts‘ New Hotel Openings in Canada for 2021 – 5 hotels
in the works including the Holiday Inn Gatineau & Ottawa
- New Hyatt Hotel Openings in Canada for 2021 – Now 6 hotels confirmed including the reopening of the Park Hyatt Toronto
- Best Western New Hotel Openings in Canada for 2021 – 10 hotels in the works including the GLo Mississauga
All images courtesy of Hilton unless otherwise noted