Yesterday American Express launched an pretty awesome points redemption special for prepaid American Express Cards and for using your points for Amazon.ca purchases. This limited time offer runs until March 22 and the rates match the good rates seen for when you redeem Points for Travel Purchases. That is, you get $10 in value for every 1,000 points you redeem.Which translates to a 1% to 5% return depending on which American Express card you earned those points with.
Here is a look at the limited time redemption rates for the Prepaid American Express Cards:
And for using points to pay for Amazon purchases directly you simply need to redeem 1,000 points for $10. Normally the rate is 1,000 points for $7.
These are great redemption rates if you have had your eye on making some non-travel rewards redemptions since you are getting some amazing value of your points. Rarely can you actually get value like this on non-travel rewards redemptions so definitely keep it in mind for the next week and a half or so.
As mentioned above, this means on theses specific limited time redemption options you’ll receive the following returns on these cards:
- American Express Cobalt™ Card: 1 to 5% (1 to 5 points per dollar spent)
- American Express® Gold Rewards Card: 1 to 2% (1 to 2 points per dollar spent)
Platinum Card®: 1 to 3% (1 to 3 points per dollar spent)
- Choice Card from American Express™: 1% (1 point per dollar spent)
- American Express Business Edge™ Card 1 to 3% (1 to 3 points per dollar spent)
- American Express® Business Gold Rewards Card 1% (1 point per dollar spent)
- Business Platinum Card from American Express: 1.25% (1.25 points per dollar spent)