WestJet is the latest airline to jump into the fray with a promotion that provides its members a way to earn elite status without even flying the airline! We’ve already seen offers likes this from Air Canada, Alaska Airlines and others but now it’s WestJet’s turn. Although they may seem late to the party sometimes it’s not a bad thing to wait and see what others do. Now that WestJet has observed and learned from the others they have been able to develop a stay a home elite status boost offer that best suits the airline and it’s members.
The offer which officially launches on September 10th but is open for registration right away provides all members who hold a WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard with an elite tier qualifying spend boost of 10% of all their eligible purchases until December 9. This means if you go out and buy $250 worth of groceries, which by the way will still earn 2x rewards until the end of September with their Grocery & Dining accelerator (Read more about that here) you’ll earn $25 in qualifying spend. Considering the airline has also extended the qualifying spend period of all members to the end of 2021 this boost should really make it a lot easier for a lot of members to reach that next elite tier. And don’t forget that if you are flying WestJet any time soon you can still earn double qualifying spend on all eligible flights until December 15 which makes achieving status that much easier.
There are some rules and regulations to the offer of course – the most important of them are as follows:
- You have to register for the offer at: westjet.com/tierboost
- The maximum amount of qualifying spend you can earn will be achieving a 1-tier upgrade compared to your rewards tier as of September 10th, 2020. This means if you are Teal member you can boost up to Silver (ie $30,000 card spending will net you $3,000 in qualifying spend to get Silver status), Silver can boost to Gold and Gold can boost to Platinum.
Qualifying spend requirements
- Platinum members are excluded from this promotion since they have no higher tier to achieve
- Eligible purchases made on a secondary card will receive qualifying spend boost that will be deposited in the registered primary cardholder’s account. Only the primary cardholder must register.
- The Offer Period will be divided into three tracking periods, each consisting of approximately 30 days:
- Period 1: September 10 – October 9, 2020
- Period 2: October 10 – November 9, 2020
- Period 3: November 10 – December 9, 2020
- Qualifying spend will be based on the total amount of purchases made on
your card in the period that you register in. Ex: If you register
anytime between Sep 10th – Oct 9th, 2020 all your purchases for the
entire period 1 and 2-3 will count. If you register in period 2, then
only purchases made in periods 2 and 3 will count. Qualifying spend
accruals will be posted 2 weeks after each period ends.
This promotion is also open to new cardholders who can register at any point during the campaign so the sooner you apply for the card the sooner you can start earning the elite tier boost. The card itself still has their best ever offer of $350 WestJet dollars as the welcome bonus. Be sure to register for this offer once you receive your card if you are just applying for it now.