Marriott is also following in the same footsteps of many airlines and hotel chains and have now updated their change and cancellation policy. Again this applies mostly to those who have booked non-refundable pre-paid stays or perhaps one of the high end resorts that requires 30 or more days for cancellation.
For all Marriott International hotels world-wide, we are implementing the following policies:
- For guests with existing reservations for any future arrival date,
including reservations with pre-paid rates that are typically more
restrictive, we will allow full changes or cancellation without a charge
up to 24 hours prior to arrival,* as long as the change or cancellation
is made by April 30, 2020. Please note that any changes to existing
reservations will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
- For guests making new reservations for any future arrival date,
including reservations with pre-paid rates, between today and April 30,
2020, we will allow the reservation to be changed or cancelled at no
charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival date.* Please note
that changes to the reservation will be subject to availability and any
Guests who booked via online travel agents or other third-party
travel professionals are advised to contact their booking provider for
information on their policies.
- Some exclusions may apply. May exclude periods with special
event restrictions or peak demand weeks. Please refer to individual
property rate rules for details.
- Marriott Vacations Worldwide is included in this policy. Design Hotels are excluded from this policy.
- For individual reservations booked into a pre-existing group
block, please refer to cancellation terms quoted at the time of
reservation. For more information, please contact the group organizer
or the hotel.
- For group organizer questions on terms and conditions of group contracts, please contact the hotel.
You can learn more about Marriott’s response to the Coronavirus here.