Many of have you asked whether the well rounded Scotia Passport Visa Infinite Card would ever see an increased sign up bonus and/or have a first year free offer. Good news is that today Scotia launched a new offer for the card that sees an increased sign up bonus. Right now when you apply for the card you’ll earn 30,000 points when you spend $1,000 in the first three months of having the card. This is 5,000 more points than the standard offer we’ve seen since this card launched almost a year ago.
The current offer is being promoted as up to 40,000 points in the first year but that includes the standard extra bonus of 10,000 points if you spend $40,000 or more on the card annually. So technically the sign up bonus is only 30,000 points but that alone is worth $300 towards any travel. No matter what it is nice to see this small increase on the card that we ranked as the number 1 travel points credit card with annual fee in our 2019 credit card rankings. This is a well rounded card whose main benefit that everyone likes on the card is the no foreign transaction fees! Here are the main highlights of this car:
- No FX mark-up on foreign transactions made on purchases abroad. Only
the exchange rate applies. Most cards charge 2.5% and currently, no
other major financial institution in Canada offers a credit card with no
- 2x the points on grocery, dining, entertainment and daily transit
(including buses, subways, taxis, Ubers and more) – we see this as
taking quite a few cards in the first three categories but most notably
American Express’ Cobalt Card as it was the first card to have a
multiplier on Transit
- Priority Pass Annual Membership with 6 lounge visits
- The card will earn 1 Scotia Rewards point per dollar spent outside of the categories listed above.
- The card also provides an annual bonus of 10,000 points if you spend $40,000 or more on the card per year.
- It comes with Comprehensive Travel
Insurances: Travel Emergency Medical, Trip Cancellation and Trip
- Annual fee of $139 and no fees on the first additional card