Two weeks ago Hilton Hotels announced yet another
new hotel brand under their umbrella – Signia Hilton. The new chain of
hotels will be targeted towards meetings and events “With a minimum of
500 guest rooms and 75 square feet per key of flexible meetings and
events space” at each location. Touted as a global brand, Signia will
launch with several locations in the U.S.. No word on if any are planned
for Canada but with a minimum 500 guests rooms if they did launch here
it would most likely only be in Toronto or Vancouver. Find out more here
Meanwhile Best Western Hotels purchased WorldHotels in February. This is a very interesting purchase as BW is not known for
high end or luxurious hotels and now they will be adding over 300 of
them to their portfolio!
WorldHotels will maintain its distinctive personality and
individuality while benefiting from Best Western’s robust and scalable
E-Commerce platform, strong partnerships, award-winning loyalty
program, effective sales and marketing support, global distribution
network, and powerful revenue engines.
The good news with this is the
WorldHotels brand will be part of the Best Western Rewards program which
is very popular with many Canadians and will present some (potentially) great redemption options, WorldHotels no longer has
any affiliated hotels in our country but lots of great locations around
the globe. They themselves tried to run their own loyalty
program called PeakPoints a few years back and that program essentially
failed leaving only their frequent flyer partnerships as a way to earn
loyalty rewards for stays at their locations. Find out more here
Air Italy must be seeing strong bookings on their yet to start Toronto to Milan flights as they have increased service to 6x weekly from 4x. The route officially launches on May 6. (Source Routesonline)
By the way Air Italy is a new partner of Rewards Canada! You can book your Air Italy flights right here and help support RC!
Posts since our last update:
- Miles & More Mileage Bargains – Save up to 50% on Lufthansa award tickets between Montreal and Europe for July & August!
As we do each month we bring you the latest set Miles & More “Meilenschnaeppchen” or Mileage Bargain discounted…
- Summary of global hotel systemwide bonus points promotions – March Edition
One of the easiest ways to rack up lots of hotel points is to take advantage of the systemwide…
SWISS has some decent business class fares out of Montreal to Europe. Fares start at around C$3,500. Find out more here
Air France Flash Seat Sale from Canada is here! Fares from Toronto and Montreal to Paris start at $735, Vancouver $825 Find out more here.
Hilton Asia Pacific Resort Sale: Up to 35% off when you book by March 19 for stays March 20, 2019 – February 2, 2020. Find out more here.
Avis Spring Sale – Save up to 30% on Avis Rentals Worldwide until March 31 Find out more here.
Remember to visit Rewards Canada’s Travel Booking site to book travel directly with many of your favourite airlines, hotels and more!
Canadian Bonus Offers
Air Canada Aeroplan
– Earn 1,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles per night for stays on Thursday to Sunday nights at Marriott hotels in Canada. More… Until May 31, 19
Other Bonus Offers
Le Club AccorHotes
– Triple Le Club AccorHotels Points for stays at participating Accor hotels in the Middle East and Egypt. More… Book by Apr 1 for stays until Apr 15,19
– Earn up to 875 FREE Bonvoy Points when connect your social profiles to your Marriott Bonvoy account. More… Unknown End Date
– Earn up to 5,000 Bonus Bonvoy Points for stays that include a Friday
or Saturday night at any one of 20 participating Marriott Hotels in
London. More… Until Dec 31, 19
Stash Hotel Rewards
– 1,000 Bonus Stash Rewards Points when you book ANY hotel via Stash Rewards. More… Until Mar 31, 19
Follow Rewards Canada: