We’ve added a new credit card comparison chart to our list of charts!
This one ties in to the new category we added to our Top Travel Rewards
Credit Card rankings last year and that is the Coalition Card category.
What is a coalition card you may ask? A
coalition program credit card earns points or miles directly into a
single program that has lots of earning and redemption options. In
Canada these are programs like Aeroplan, AIR MILES, More Rewards, and
Scene (the latter will be added to the chart soon!) You can view the chart here.
WestJet took delivery of their first Boeing 787 Dreamliner
yesterday. The plane flew in the late afternoon from Everett-Paine field
to cold and snowy Calgary! Here is a video WestJet posted just shortly
after it landed with WestJet’s VP of Communications giving a quick tour
of the plane! Rewards Canada will be at the official unveiling event in a
couple of weeks so we will be able to provide our own take on the plane
and what it provides! Apparently the plane will fly from Calgary to
Toronto today where it will be for a couple weeks for crew training,
familiarization and so forth (due to the fact the 787 hanger in YYC
isn’t ready yet)
Air Canada revealed possible routes for their new
Airbus A220-300 aircraft (Bombardier CS300) that will begin revenue
service around this time next year! Granted a lot of times when these
route possibilities are revealed, that’s all they are, possibilities. Seeing
that the aircraft will replace the E190 aircraft, they will first fly
routes already being done so by the Embraer and older Airbus aircraft.
Rewards Canada contributor Bill W. notes this for us.
I find this interesting because it means they will be growing the
available seats on the routes currently serviced by the E90’s by over 30%. E90 has 9/88 seats for total
capacity of 97. The A220 has typical seating of 141 and max of 160 although it is believed AC will be in the 130 to 140 range.
End result is that with higher capacity it could mean less
frequency on flights typically served by the E90. Better for the
airline, not so much for passengers. That being said however, there is
nothing quite like that new aircraft smell…
Of course since Rewards Canada is Calgary based there is some
excitement on our end about the two potential routes they show from YYC
to BOS and IAD. Would be nice to have those flights! As well as
replacing the A320 on the LAX route from YYC. Not leaving the rest of
Canada out it is definitely exciting to see potential routes like
Montreal to Seattle, Halifax to Vancouver, Vancouver to Washington,
Toronto to San Jose and more! (Source Flight Global)
Posts since our last update:
- Rewards Canada Giveaway – Enter for a chance to win a pair of Maple Leaf Lounge Guest Passes!
Rewards Canada Contributor Sol Z. has graciously donated 2 Maple Leaf lounge passes to give away! Enter by Sunday…
Cathay Pacific’s New Year’s sale sees them offering flights out of Vancouver to Southeast Asia for as little as $895 round trip. Book by Jan 31. Find out more here.
Marriott is offering 20% off best available rates when you
stay 2+ nights Thursday-Sunday at 6 great locations in Toronto and
Edmonton. Valid for stays until Feb 28, 19 . Full Details and online Booking
Avis: Save up to 20% with their New Year Worldwide sale. Book by Jan 31 for rentals until Dec 15, 19. Find out more here.
Remember to visit Rewards Canada’s Travel Booking site to book travel directly with many of your favourite airlines, hotels and more!
Canadian Bonus Offers
Other Bonus Offers
Double LifeMiles when you rent with Thrifty in the Americas or Europe. More… Until Dec 31, 19
Best Western Rewards
– Triple Rewards Points for stays of 2+ nights Thursday through Mondays at the Best Western Tuscany On Tor Motor Inn Toowoomba More… Until Jan 31, 19
– Triple Rewards Points for stays on Monday, Tueday, Wednesday, Friday
or Saturday at the Best Western Amsterdam Airport Hotel Uithoorn More… Until Feb 1, 19
– Triple Rewards Points for stays of 3 or more nights Thursday to Sunday at the Best Western Hotel Danderyd More… Until Apr 29, 19
Triple Rewards Points for stays of 3+ nights at the est Western Oglesby Inn. More… Until Apr 30, 19
– Double Rewards Points for stays at the Best Western Plus Springfield Airport Inn. More… Until Feb 28, 19
– Double Rewards Points for stays of 3+ nights Sunday thru Thursday at
the Best Western Plus Philadelphia Convention Center Hotel. More… Until Feb 28, 19
Le Club AccorHotels
– Quadruple Le Club AccorHotels Points for stays at participating new Accor Hotels Worldwide. More… Book by Feb 11 for stays until Mar 31, 19
– 1,000 Bonus Rewards Points when you stay at the Copenhagen Marriott Hotel or AC Hotel Bella Sky Copenhagen. More… Until Feb 28, 19
Qatar Airways Privilege Club
– Earn up to 3,000 QMiles when you fly Qatar Airways between Doha and Isfahan. More… Until Apr 30, 19
– Double QMiles on your next hotel booking made via Rocketmiles. More… Until Mar 31, 19
Thai Airways Royal Orchid Plus
– Earn up to 3x ROP Miles on Hertz rentals of 3+ days in Thailand. More… Book by Feb 28 for rentals until Mar 31, 19
Follow Rewards Canada: