Rewards Canada was off last week for some R&R
but of course that was interrupted with the Air Canada news that they
along with TD, CIBC and Visa want to buy Aeroplan from Aimia so we did a
lot of interviews about it from Southern California! We’ll have full
coverage of that news tomorrow and we’ll also play catch up on other
news from mbna (not good news), Aeroplan (the transfer bonus is back),
WestJet and more.
Last week the newest IHG Rewards Club PointBreaks
were released, we prescheduled our post as we were travelling when it
went live so we couldn’t cover what Canadian hotels were on the list and
really not much was missed. Only three Canadian hotels were included
this time at the 10,000 point level. The Holiday Inn Calgary-Airport,
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Terrace and Staybridge Suites London
are the hotels being offered at a discounted rate. You can find all the details here.
Jsut a heads up – some BMO credit cards will have
some slight changes coming to them on August 8th. Keep an eye out on our
blog for that news in a little over a week!
Posts since our last update:
- August 18 is the confirmed date for the new combined Marriott Rewards Starwood Preferred Guest program
Rewards Canada is back from vacation and of course last week was filled with more news than we typically…
- WestJet Rewards Gold Status Match offer
WestJet has brought back its Canadian status match offer! If you have Air Canada Altitude status you can match…
- Hotel Review: Best Western Plus Moosomin Hotel, Saskatchewan
We welcome another hotel review from Rewards Canada contributor Bill Wheatley: The Best Western Plus Moosomin Hotel is located…
- NOW LIVE: IHG Rewards Club PointBreaks – book hotels for only 5,000 to 15,000 points per night until Sep 30, 18
The latest IHG Rewards Club PointBreaks hotel are now available for booking for 5,000 points to 15,000 points per…
- Amex Membership Rewards to the new Marriott Rewards/Starwood Preferred Guest program conversion rate is here!
A question that has been asked by many and to which I have not had the answer to is ‘What…
reveals more details of the program post July 2020 – most economy
redemptions remain the same, charter flights and conversion to other
frequent flyer programs
Late yesterday evening Aeroplan sent out a press release and posted a video giving us a better picture of…
- Summary of global hotel systemwide bonus points promotions – July Edition
One of the easiest ways to rack up lots of hotel points is to take advantage of the systemwide bonuses…
Save up to 15 % on Marriott stays in Canada!
Book at a participating hotel by August 1, 2018 for stays until August
31, 2018 and save up to 10% on best available rates! Marriott Rewards®
Members save up to 5% more. Find out more here.
Hilton Summer Sale – Save up to 25% on weekend stays in the UK, Europe, Middle East and Africa. Find out more here
Remember to visit Rewards Canada’s Travel Booking site to book travel directly with many of your favourite airlines, hotels and more!
Canadian Bonus Offers
– Gold Elite Status Match – If you hold Air Canada Altitude status you can receive a status match to WestJet Gold Elite status. More… Until Aug 31, 18
Other Bonus Offers
Up to 40% Miles&Bonus Miles when you buy miles. More… Until Aug 30, 18
AeroMexico Club Premier
– Double Club Premier Points for stays at over 6,500 Choice Hotels worldwide. More… Aug 1 – 31, 18
British Airways Executive Club
– Double Avios for stays at participating Mandarin Oriental Hotels Worldwide. More… Until Sep 30, 18
IHG Rewards Club
– IHG Rewards Club PointBreaks Redeem only 5,000 to 15,000 points for
stays at select hotels Worldwide. Offer and participating hotels are
subject to change at any time. More… Until Sep 30, 18
Le Club AccorHotels
– Triple Le Club AccorHotels for stays at participating Accor Hotels in Queenstown. More… Book by Aug 19 for stays until Sep 30, 18
Follow Rewards Canada: