The RBC Visa Infinite Avion card – long ranked as a really good card here on Rewards Canada but never at the top must be feeling the heat from the ever increasing competition as they have come out with this new offer! This is one of the best offers for this card in a while! Even though the previous offer was 30,000 points there was no first year free and the bonus was split between year 1 and year 2. This offer is 25,000 points on approval (awarded on the first statement) and first year free which we feel is a much better! Those 25,000 points equate to 25,000 British Airways Avios at no cost! Or 250 WestJet dollars at no cost and that doesn’t even take into account the transfer bonuses they run occasionally throughout the year. And remember BA has household accounts so you and your spouse could each get the card then convert to BA and combine the Avios into one account for 50,000 or more Avios. There are just so many options here….
If you have been tossing around the idea of getting this card and haven’t really been sure now is the time as it will cost you nothing and score you some decent rewards!
- Start Avioning Today! Get 25,000 Welcome Points upon approval† + 1st year annual fee waived† – savings of $120.
- Earn 25% more RBC Rewards points on travel related purchases1
- Book flights, hotel stays, cruises, vacation packages, car rentals with RBC Rewards site, powered by Orbitz
- Transfer your RBC Rewards points towards other eligible loyalty programs (WestJet Rewards, British Airways Executive
Club, American AAdvantage, Cathay Pacific Asia Miles. Look for the transfer bonuses to the airlines several times per year!)
- Premium suite of insurances including trip cancellation3, trip interruption3, travel medical4, car rental insurance5
- Redeem your points toward your credit card balance using Payback with Points2
- Instantly save 3₵ per litre on fuel▲ & earn 20% more Petro-Points§ and RBC Rewards points** when you link your Petro-Points card to any RBC Card online.
- Up to a 2.3% return on your spending depending on which reward ticket you book
- Unwritten ability to redeem for Business Class tickets
although at a lower rate of return when compared to the Avion Reward