Air Canada is introducing Economy Basic fares for their flights
within Canada. We’ve seen this trend in the U.S. with major U.S.
airlines starting basic economy fares to compete with Ultra Low Cost
Carriers and this is pretty much evident here with this latest move from
AC. These are bare bones fares where you have to pay more fees for
extras, get absolutely no refunds, don’t earn Aeroplan miles etc. This
can be seen as a preemptive move against airlines like Flair Airlines,
WestJet’s Swoop and the upcoming Canada Jetlines. Find out more about Economy Basic fares here.
A week from today there is going to be an announcement from WestJet.
All signs are pointing towards a livery update and possibly even more of
a refresh. When we flew WestJet earlier in the week there were no menus
in the seat pockets and the flight attendant mentioned they were going
through a revamp – even though they just did a few months ago when they
switched to offering Chopped Leaf items. Based on various forums and
posts, the guess is that the new livery will be introduced on the Boeing
787 aircraft. You can see it, sort of, in the blurred image below that
is making its rounds on the Internet right now:
The American Express Cobalt confirmed multipliers page has once again been updated with even more Canadian and U.S. locations! You can access the feature here.
Feel free to provide comments on that page to help build the list of
Canadian and global locations that you have used the card at and
received 5x, 2x or 1x points. Many of the U.S. updates came from our recent trip and am loving how quickly the points are racking up on the
food purchases! Of note is that Uber Eats in Canada appears to award 5x
points while Uber Eats in the states only award 2x points.
Posts since our last update:
- Last week to book Preferred Hotel Group’s 50,000 bonus iPrefer points offer (worth $100)
There is one week left to book Preferred Hotel Group’s 50 year celebration that offers 50,000 bonus iPrefer points…
- World of Hyatt: Up to 1,000 Bonus Points per night for Hyatt stays Worldwide (Max. 25,000 points)
Hyatt launched their first systemwide bonus of 2018 last week on the 15th. The promotion is a simple one…
- Great new RBC Visa Infinite Avion sign up offer! 25,000 bonus points and first year free!
The RBC Visa Infinite Avion card – long ranked as a really good card here on Rewards Canada but…
has put their South America flights on sale! Fares start at $550 all in. Book by March 6. Find out more here
Remember to visit Rewards Canada’s Travel Booking site to book travel directly with many of your favourite airlines, hotels and more!
Canadian Bonus Offers
25,000 RBC Rewards Points upon approval with the RBC Visa Infinite Avion + 1st year annual fee waived. More…
Other Bonus Offers
– Earn up to 10,000 Bonus Bonus Miles when you rent with Avis for 3 or more days Worldwide. More… Book by Mar 31 for rentals until Dec 31, 18
– Quadruple AAdvantage Miles on all stays at over 6,500 Choice Hotels worldwide. More… Until Mar 31, 18
Amtrak Guest Rewards
– 1,000 Bonus Guest Rewards Points for weekend stays at participating
Starwood Hotels & Resorts in North and Latin America and French
Polynesia. More… Until Dec 31, 18
– Double Guest Rewards Points + a free day on Hertz rentals of 6 or more
days at participating locations in the US, Canada and Puerto Rico. More… Until Jul 31, 18
ANA Mileage Club
– Double Mileage Club Miles for stays at participating SPG properties in Japan, Korea, Guam and Hawaii. More… Until Mar 31, 18
Hyatt World of Hyatt
– Earn up to 1,000 Bonus World of Hyatt Points per night for stays at Hyatt hotels Worldwide. More… Until May 15, 18
– 1,250 Bonus World of Hyatt Points on rentals of 3 days or more at participating Avis locations in the U.S. and Canada. More… Until Mar 31, 18
Follow Rewards Canada: