As reported back in August the WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard would be undergoing changes and those changes are now live! For the most part the changes are good however with change there has to be some compromise so to cover all the new benefits the annual fees on the cards are increasing.
First off there is fresh new card art that will be issued for new cards and upon card renewal for existing cardholders, starting November 1st. The Basic card is now silver and the World Elite card looks is silver and black. Much easier to differentiate between the two now:
Here are all the new features and benefits that are now available on the cards
- A permanent Petro-Canada fuel savings offer: You’ll need to link your WestJet RBC Mastercard and instantly save 3¢/L on fuel and always earn 20% more Petro-Points at Petro-Canada locations. For more details, visit: rbc.com/petro-canada
- WORLD ELITE ONLY: Mastercard Airport Experience provided by LoungeKey. Includes: Access to 800+ worldwide airport lounges. Members will need to download the app and link a credit card to it to pay for lounge entries. Entry to any of the lounges will cost $27US per entry/person.
- WORLD ELITE ONLY: Access to exclusive offers to airport retailers, including duty free
shops; exclusive member access to the Mastercard Airport Experience app.
- WORLD ELITE ONLY: Mastercard Concierge Service. Exclusive last-minute access to favourite
restaurants, event tickets and more; available 24/7 via toll-free number
And of the new fees now tied into the card:
- $119 for the primary card ($99 previously)
- $59 for supplementary cards ($49 previously)
- Household income requirement has also increased
Of course nothing else changes on the card, the 250 WestJet Dollars bonus, Companion Vouchers, and First Bag free all remain on the World Elite card.