Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Avianca LifeMiles - 140% bonus miles when you buy miles online Dec 9 - 11 (1.375 cents per mile)

Avianca LifeMiles has sweetened the pot on their 100% bonus on buying miles with the added incentive bonuses for buying higher amount of miles! Up until yesterday they would tack on an additional 15% to 25% depending on the level you buy at.


 If you have followed us for sometime you'll know this is a decent option to get Star Alliance flights on the cheap especially in business class. However Avianca announced back on September 30th of 2014 the price to buy miles will go up 10% and had changes to their award chart on October 15th which were a devaluation. So what should you do? If you know that you can make your travel work and get the LifeMiles redemption(s) of your choice go ahead and buy the miles however I wouldn't buy them if you don't think you'll use them over then 3-6 months just in case another award chart devaluation comes along.

If you go ahead with this offer the miles will cost you US 1.375 cents a piece! So buying 150,000 LifeMiles will cost you US$4,950 but you will get a total of 360,000 miles with the bonus.

Normally a decent feature of LifeMiles is their Cash + Part Miles option but that was devalued over a year ago. This option only requires that you have 40% of the points for a reward but that offer has you buy the rest of the miles (the other 60%) at about 1.56 cents per mile so you are better off buying the whole amount of miles required for an award through this promo.

Some things to consider with the buy miles option before you pull the trigger is that their call center tends to be on the less helpful side so you are better off booking award tickets online which also means you are limited to the powers of that source, mixed class awards are not allowed unless you book each award ticket as separate one way flights and they have devalued the program without notice in the past so only buy these miles if you think you will use them in the next short while

Offer details
140% Bonus LifeMiles when you buy LifeMiles online. Full details Until Dec 11, 15

No comments:

Post a Comment