Over summer the RC family completed a stay at the Best Western Plus Tuscan Inn in San Francisco and they had an SPG like GO Green feature where you would get 1,000 points for each day you declined housekeeping. For one of our two rooms we declined four times. Less then a week later the points for the actual stay posted but nothing for the housekeeping. I waited a couple more weeks and nothing. I decided to submit a missing points request with Best Western and what happened next surprised me. Within 7 minutes of time pressing the submit button on the request form the 4,000 points were posted to my account and I had an email from BW apologizing and saying the points were posted to my account. This has got to be a customer service record for me! Never have I seen that quick of service. Most times the automated response email stating they got a request doesn't even come that fast! This was the first time I've had to deal with BW Rewards customer service and if they are like this all the time then they are a program other programs should strive to emulate!
Marriott has received approval from Chinese regulators for their takeover of Starwood Hotels. The deal is now expected to close on Friday and Marriott will be the official owner of Starwood! Wow, I can't believe that it is really happening now! (Source View from the Wing)
They may not fly to Toronto anymore and we really don't cover them on Rewards Canada because of that reason but thought we should let you know about this anyway! Virgin America is offering two FREE points offers for their Elevate members of 500 points each. You simply need to subscribe to two different email newsletters. That's an easy 1,000 points for those of you who may use Virgin America within the States or can add to existing balances to redeem on one their partners! The offers end on Sep 30. Here they are as pulled from FrequentFlyerBonuses
500 FREE Elevate Points when you sign up to receive Virgin Sport news emails. Full details
500 FREE Elevate Points when you sign up to Virgin Hotel emails. Full details
Congrats to Marc M. who won the Canadian Points University ticket we were giving away last week!
Posts since our last update:
- Introducing the Rewards Canada Weekly Round Up PodcastAs mentioned in yesterday's update we were working on something new for Rewards Canada and that something is our…
- Earn up to 5,000 Bonus MilleMiglia Miles for each flight on Alitalia between Rome and Havana. More... Nov 29 - Jan 29, 17
- 25% Bonus AAdvantage Miles when you convert Hyatt Gold Passports points to AAdvantage miles. More... Until Oct 14, 16
Best Western Rewards
- Double Rewards Points for stays at Best Western Hotels in Asia. More... Until Nov 30, 16
- 50% Bonus MileagePlus Miles when you convert IHG Rewards Club points to MileagePlus miles. More... Until Oct 10, 16
Follow Rewards Canada: