It seems that we always get bad news from airlines when they discuss changes to checked luggage. Well today that's different. Cathay Pacific is enhancing their checked luggage rules and it is a true enhancement. They are allowing their customers to bring heavier bags as of September 15th. Now this doesn't really affect those of us flying out of North America as we already have a different policy allowing 2 bags but this is still newsworthy for those of you who may be flying Cathay within Asia or on their other Worldwide routes.
Cathay Pacific introduces enhanced baggage allowance
Cathay Pacific announces an enhanced baggage policy which gives every passenger an additional 10kg of check-in baggage across all cabins. Along with the increase in weight, there is also a new piece system for how many bags may be checked in. Note that the check-in baggage allowances on the North American and Auckland routes are not impacted by this revised weight system policy.
Keeping your extra baggage allowance as your club benefit
Silver members and above will continue to enjoy their additional baggage allowance on top of the revised policy – 10kg for Silver, 15kg for Gold, 20kg for Diamond. For the new piece system, Green and Silver members may check in up to 2 pieces of baggage in Economy, Premium Economy, or Business, and 3 pieces in First Class free of charge. Gold and Diamond members may check in 1 additional piece in all cabins.
Posts since our last update:
- AIR MILES Travel Hub launched - a new hotel booking engine to earn more AIR MILES (powered by PointsHound)
Amidst all the publicity AIR MILES has been receiving over the past month, and pretty much all of it…
- WestJet Rewards will give you Gold Status if you have top-tier status in ANY travel rewards program and complete 1 flight
WestJet Rewards has brought back their elite status match offer and unlike the first times where you had to…
Emirates has launched a great sale for their flights to Dubai from Toronto and other Canadian gateways. You can fly Emirates for only $899 all in for travel Sep 19 to Dec 8 if you book by August 18. Find out more here.
- From Toronto (YYZ) to Dubai (DXB) utilizing Emirates operated flights (EK241, 242)
- From Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Edmonton (YEG), Kelowna (YLW) and Victoria (YYJ) gateways utilizing Emirates operated flights from Seattle (EK 227, EK 228, EK 229 and EK 230)
- From Toronto (YYZ and YTZ), Halifax (YHZ), Montreal (YUL) and Ottawa (YOW) gateways utilizing Emirates operated flights from Boston (EK 237, EK 238, EK 239 and EK 240)
- 3,000 Bonus LifeMiles on your first Rocketmiles booking More... Book by Aug 31, 16
IHG Rewards Club
- 50% IHG Rewards Club Points discount for reward nights in Mexico, Latin America and the Caribbean. More... Book by Aug 28 for stays Sep 1 - Oct 30, 16
La Quinta Returns
- Earn up to Triple Returns Points for stays at participating La Quinta locations in the U.S.. More... Until Sep 1, 16
- 500 Bonus MileagePlus Miles for stays at La Quinta Inns and Suites in the U.S., Canada and Mexico. More... Until Dec 31, 16
- Receive WestJet Rewards Gold Elite Status when you hold top-tier status in any Travel Rewards program and complete one flight with WestJet. More... Register by Sep 23 for travel until Oct 31, 16
Follow Rewards Canada: