The second card we look at today with the new increased welcome bonuses from American Express is the Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express®* Card. The new offer for this card sees it providing up to 75,000 welcome bonus Marriott Bonvoy points
FYI The other cards with new increased bonus offers are:
- American Express® Aeroplan®* Reserve Card – Up to 115,000 points
Marriott Bonvoy™ Business American Express® Card – Up to 85,000 points
- American Express® Aeroplan®* Business Reserve Card – Up to 120,000 points
The up to 75,000 Marriott Bonvoy Points bonus
From today until July 24, 2023 new Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express®* Cardmembers can earn up to 75,000 welcome bonus points as follows:
- Earn 65,000 Welcome Bonus points after you charge $3,000 in net purchases to your Card in your first 3 months of Cardmembership
- Plus earn an additional 10,000 points when you make a purchase between 14 and 17 months of Cardmembership.
With this bonus we see the return of Amex awarding additional points for holding on to the card for a second year with 10,000 points being awarded on as little as a $1 purchase made between months 14 – 17.
Marriott Bonvoy provides great value for everyday hotel stays in Canada
Rewards Canada values Marriott Bonvoy points at a minimum of 1 cent each and that really is a minimum as some of our more recent searches for Marriott reward nights was seeing values of 1.4 to 1.9 cents or more. At the minimum 1 cent valuation this 75,000 point bonus is worth $750. Bottom line net value if you subtract two years of annual fees you are looking at $510. That being said you also have to consider all the extra benefits this card provides like the annual free night and more!
10 great hotels in Canada to use your Marriott Amex free night award at
The Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express®* in detail:
Annual Fee: $120 | Additional Card Fee: $0 | Annual interest rate 19.99% on purchases and 21.99% on funds advances; Missed payment applicable rates, 23.99% and/or 26.99%
- Earn 5 points for every dollar in eligible Card purchases at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy®
- Earn 2 points for every $1 in all other Card purchases
- Receive an Annual Free Night Award for up to 35,000 points at eligible hotels and resorts worldwide every year after your first anniversary
- No annual fee on Additional Cards
- Redeem points for free nights with no blackout dates at over 7,000 of the world’s most desired hotels
- Automatic Marriott Bonvoy Silver Elite status membership
- Receive 15 Elite Night Credits each calendar year with your Marriott Bonvoy® American Express®* Card. These can be used towards attaining the next level of Elite status in the Marriott Bonvoy program
- Enjoy an automatic upgrade to Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status when you reach $30,000 in purchases on the Card each year or when you combine 10 qualifying paid nights within one calendar year with the 15 Elite Night Credits from your card
- American Express is not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details and current product information click the Apply now link. Conditions apply
- Click here to apply for the Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card
Wrapping it up
Another summer of bigger bonuses on select cards from American Express is now here. For 2023 Amex is focusing on their co-brand partnership cards for Aeroplan and Marriott with some really attractive welcome offers. All of them do require you to hold onto the card for a second year which isn’t a huge deal in our minds as any of these four cards are keeper cards for the benefits they provide.
Want to learn more? Have a question? Join our Facebook group to ask the Rewards Canada community!
Be sure to subscribe to the Rewards Canada News email newsletter so that you don’t miss out on any loyalty program news and offers! You can subscribe to the newsletter here