The best ever bonus of up to 145,000 points along with no annual fee in the first year on the TD First Class Travel® Visa Infinite* Card will be ending on May 28. This bonus has been in place since the card’s revamp went live in October 2022. It has been one of the top 10 travel rewards offers in terms of value and in fact is currently the best cash back welcome offer.
TD First Class Visa Infinite Best Ever Welcome Bonus
If we are to compare apples to apples the actual welcome bonus on the TD First Class Visa is up to 135,000 points. It is being marketed as up to 145,000 points since TD is also including the up to 10,000 bonus birthday points you can receive. The birthday bonus however is there for any cardholder – new or existing so we don’t really consider a true part of the welcome bonus. That being said, it is true that if you do included it you can earn 145,000 points in your first year with this card. Whichever way you look at it – 135,000 points and your first year free or 145,000 points and your first year free – you have the best ever bonus seen on this card.
Bonus offer breakdown
- Earn up to $1,000 in value† including up to 145,000 TD Rewards Points, and get a full Annual Fee Rebate† for the Primary and 1st Additional Cardholder† for the first year and additional travel benefits. Must apply online by May 28, 2023.
- Earn a welcome Bonus of 20,000 TD Rewards Points when you make your first Purchase with your Card†.
- Earn 115,000 TD Rewards Points when you spend $5,000 within 180 days of Account opening†.
- Earn a Birthday Bonus of up to 10,000 TD Rewards Points†
- Get an annual TD Travel Credit† of $100 when you book at Expedia® For TD.
- To receive the first-year annual fee rebate, you must activate your Card and make your first Purchase on the Account within the first 3 months after Account opening and you must add your Additional Cardholders by May 29, 2023.
I put the key elements of the bonus in bold text. Those two points along with the first year free are the primary part of the new welcome bonus and they are easy to achieve. 20,000 points right away on your first purchase and then an additional 115,000 if you spend $5,000 over the course of six months. That’s only $833.34 in monthly spending required which should be easy enough for those whose income ($60,000 personal / $100,000 household) makes them eligible to get this card.
Value in the Welcome Bonus
Here are just a few examples of what those 135,000 points can get you in terms of rewards:
- $675 worth of travel when you redeem via ExpediaForTD
- $540 worth of travel when you redeem for any travel that you book yourself and charge on the card
- $540 worth of education payments when you redeem your TD Rewards points via HigherEdPoints. ($540 is an example of the value as you have to redeem in 62,500 point increments for HigherEdPoints)
- $337.50 in gift cards or statement credits.
Annual Fee Waiver
With this current welcome bonus you do get a first year annual fee waiver and after that the card’s annual fee is $139.
If you are a TD All-Inclusive account holder, you’ll continue to receive a full rebate of the Annual Fee for the Primary Cardholder and the First Additional Cardholder as well.
- Earn 8 TD Rewards Points† for every $1 you spend when you book travel through Expedia® For TD†
- Earn 6 TD Rewards Points† for every $1 you spend on Groceries and Restaurants†.
- Earn 4 TD Rewards Points† for every $1 you spend on regularly recurring bill payments set up on your Account†
- Earn 2 TD Rewards Points For every $1 you spend on other Purchases made using your Card† plus earn an annual Birthday Bonus† of up to 10,000 TD Rewards Points
- Your TD Points don’t expire as long as you are a TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite* Cardholder
- An annual TD Travel Credit† of $100 when you book at Expedia® For TD.
- TD Rewards Birthday bonus† that helps you celebrate in style.
- An extensive suite of travel insurance coverages which helps you travel prepared
- No travel blackouts†, no seat restrictions† and no expiry† for your TD Rewards Points as long as your account is open and in good standing.
- Redeem your TD Rewards Points towards making purchases at Amazon.ca with Amazon Shop with Points. Conditions apply. See more details.
Click here to learn more about and/or to apply for the card
† Terms and Conditions apply.
Sponsored advertising. The Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD) is not responsible for the contents of this site including any editorials or reviews that may appear on this site. For complete and current information on any TD product, please click the Apply Now button.
This offer is not available for residents of Quebec. For Quebec residents, please click here.
Big changes coming to the TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card and other TD cards
Want to learn more? Have a question? Join our Facebook group to ask the Rewards Canada community!
Be sure to subscribe to the Rewards Canada News email newsletter so that you don’t miss out on any loyalty program news and offers! You can subscribe to the newsletter here