HSBC has an exciting new offer available to customers who take on a mortgage through the bank. The HSBC Mortgage World Elite Bonus Offer provides up to 1,000,000 HSBC Rewards points for customers who take on a new mortgage or transfer an existing mortgage to HSBC.
The up to 1 million points offer:
With the new HSBC travel rewards mortgage offer you can earn 200,000 HSBC Rewards points for every $200,000 of mortgage balance up to a maximum 1,000,000 points.
To receive the bonus you must have the HSBC World Elite Mastercard or HSBC Premier World Elite Mastercard as the points will be awarded to the credit card rewards account. If you do not have either of those cards you must apply for, be approved and activate your card by the mortgage funding date.
Using the points
When redeemed for travel the points you earn from ta mortgage are valued as follows:
- 200,000 = $1,000 in travel
- 400,000 = $2,000 in travel
- 600,000 = $3,000 in travel
- 800,000 = $4,000 in travel
- 1,000,000 = $5,000 in travel
HSBC Rewards is super flexible when it comes to travel redemptions. You can book travel on your own with any travel provided and redeem the points against the charge up to 60 days after it posts.
You can also convert those points to HSBC Rewards airline partners which are British Airways, Cathay Pacific Asia Miles and Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer. The amounts for each level of mortgage are as follows:
- 200,000 = 80,000 Avios, 64,000 Asia Miles or 72,000 KrisFlyer Miles
- 400,000 = 160,000 Avios, 128,000 Asia Miles or 144,000 KrisFlyer Miles
- 600,000 = 240,000 Avios, 192,000 Asia Miles or 216,000 KrisFlyer Miles
- 800,000 = 320,000 Avios, 256,000 Asia Miles or 288,000 KrisFlyer Miles
- 1,000,000 = 400,000 Avios, 320,000 Asia Miles or 360,000 KrisFlyer Miles
Key Terms for the offer:
These are some of the key terms of the offer but not all of them. Be sure to read the entire list of terms and conditions on the offer page:
The HSBC Mortgage World Elite Bonus Offer is available to HSBC customers who:
- Purchase a new property and take a new mortgage with HSBC OR
- Move their existing mortgage from another financial institution to HSBC
- The mortgage must be in the amount of $200,000 or more with a five-year fixed or five-year variable rate closed term.
- The mortgage application must be started during the Offer Period and fully funded by HSBC within 120 days of the
application start date and, in any event, no later than September 30, 2023
- Existing mortgages with HSBC are not eligible for this offer.
Wrapping it up
If you are in the market for a new mortgage or a renewal you may want to check out this offer to see if it is right for you. HSBC has some competitive rates in market right now so if you find a mortgage you like with them most definitely get yourself the HSBC World Elite Mastercard or HSBC Premier World Elite Mastercard and take the bank up on this offer to earn up to 1 million more points.
Click here to learn more about the HSBC Mortgage offer.
Image via HSBC