The 30% transfer bonus to British Airways Executive Club for RBC Avion cardholders is back! This is the bonus level we had become accustomed since 2015/16 with only a single bump to 50% during the height of the pandemic in 2020. Since 2021 the bonus has been at this 30% level. Even though it may not be 50% the 30% is still a very good offer to consider taking advantage of.
The offer is for all RBC Avion cardholders (Infinite, Infinite Privilege, Platinum, Business Commercal etc.) and runs until May 15, 2023.
Why this is a great offer
The promotion is an amazing deal as BA Avios are a great option for flights to Asia (via Cathay Pacific) as well as short to medium haul flights within North America on Alaska Airlines and American Airlines. Plus you have the famous option to fly between Toronto and Dublin for as little as 26,000 Avios round-trip (read more about that here).
That means with this bonus you only need 20,000 RBC Rewards points to get that 26,000 Avios. Compare this to the 65,000 points RBC requires to redeem for on ticket to Europe with their air redemption schedule! You can actually get three tickets to Dublin for less than that with this promotion!
As always though with any frequent flyer program you will have to be flexible in your options when redeeming due to seat availability issues (ie it may be hard to get tickets to Europe in Summer etc.) so take this into consideration before transferring.
Get a card now to take advantage of this offer
If you don’t have an Avion card yet you can actually still take advantage of this transfer bonus as right now the suite of Avion cards including the RBC Avion Visa Infinite and RBC Avion Visa Platinum Card are all offering an elevated welcome bonus of 55,000 RBC Rewards Points, 35,000 of which are awarded upon approval. That means as soon as you are approved and activate your card those points should post to your account. Transfer those 35,000 points with the bonus and you’ll have yourself 45,500 British Airways Executive Club Avios.
Learn more about the transfer bonus here once you log in to your Avion Rewards account
RBC Avion Visa Infinite
Annual Fee: $120
Additional Card Fee: $50
Get up to 55,000 bonus points (a value of up to $1,100), that’s enough to fly anywhere in North America or the Caribbean! (Taxes and Fees extra) – You’ll get 35,000 Welcome Points on approval and 20,000 bonus points when you spend $5,000 in your first 6 months. Apply by April 30, 2023
- Earn 1 RBC Rewards® point for every dollar you spend* and an extra 25% on eligible travel purchases.
- When you are ready to travel again, Avioners can book flights with points on any airline, on any flight, at any time, early or last minute, with no blackout periods or restrictions.
- Avioners earn points that never expire so your points will be waiting for your next adventure.
- Redeem your points for travel and more. Use points for anything from paying bills and paying your card balance to redeeming for Gift Cards and Merchandise at top brands like Apple. The RBC Rewards program gives you the freedom of choice to use your points your way, and helps you make the most as an Avioner.
- Eligible RBC Rewards members can also convert points to other loyalty programs including WestJet dollars, British Airways Avios points and Hudson’s Bay Rewards points.
- Link your RBC card with a Petro-Points membership to instantly save 3₵ per litre on fuel at Petro-Canada stations and earn 20% more Petro-Points and 20% more RBC rewards points
- Link your RBC card with a Rexall Be Well account and get 50 Be Well points for every $1 spent on eligible products at Rexall. Redeem Be Well points faster for savings in store on eligible purchases where 25,000 Be Well points = $10
- Get access to RBC offers which provides access to earn points faster at specified brands
- Extensive insurance including: mobile device insurance, travel insurance (trip cancellation, interruption and emergency medical) and other eligible purchases to protect you and your family
- Avioners get access to luxury Visa Infinite benefits including first in line for exclusive events, and hotel and dining benefits.
- Avioners no longer need 14-days to book travel using the RBC grid
- Up to a 2.3% return on your spending depending on which reward ticket you book
- Unwritten ability to redeem for Business Class tickets although at a lower rate of return when compared to the Avion Reward chart
- Get $0 delivery fees for 12 months from DoorDash17 – Add your eligible RBC credit card to your DoorDash account to:
• Get a 12-month complimentary DashPass subscription18 – a value of almost $120
• Enjoy unlimited deliveries with $0 delivery fees on orders of $12 or more when you pay with your eligible RBC credit card