The current welcome bonus offer for the TD® Aeroplan® Visa Infinite* Card has been one of the better ones in the market and there are only a little over two weeks left to apply for it. The bonus is up to 30,000 Aeroplan Miles along with the primary card having a first year annual fee rebate and a first year annual fee rebate offer for the first additional/supplementary cardholder.
Welcome Bonus Breakdown:
Welcome Bonus of 15,000 Aeroplan Miles when you make your first Purchase with your card1.
5,000 Aeroplan Miles in each of the first 3 months when you spend a
minimum of $1000 per month, up to a total of 15,000 Aeroplan Miles1
In light of the current situation in regards to travel and the COVID-19 pandemic you may be asking why would I want to get an Aeroplan credit card? There are two primary reasons why you could or should get this card within the next couple of weeks:
- You love to travel. Even though we all may not be travelling now you have it in your blood. Once borders open up and travel is safe you are planning to jetset somewhere near or far. If that’s the case you can start building up your Aeroplan balance with this card. Outside of actual spend on the card, your first year will not set you back anything with this card so you can score 30,000 Aeroplan miles at basically no cost. Then you can start looking at how you can use those miles – whether it is the 30,000 or more if you already have Aeroplan miles accumulated.
- You are looking at a way to help supplement your finances. Aeroplan is not just a travel program. You can redeem Aeroplan miles for gift cards from popular retailers or pre-paid credit cards. For 28,000 miles you can get a $200 Best Buy Gift Card or Chapters Indigo card. And you still have 5,000 miles left since the welcome bonus is 30,000 miles and you had to spend $3,000 to get the bonus for a total of 33,000 miles (at a minimum). You can then redeem 3,500 miles for a $25 gift card from numerous retailers. All in you have just added $225 to your finances.
Now that we’ve looked at the gift card options let’s go back to travel and see what you can try to plan for the future with 30,000 miles.
Looking at the Aeroplan Classic Flight reward chart there are lots of round trip options that run from 15,000 to 30,000 miles and even more one way options since they are exactly half of the rates listed on the chart:
Here are some of the possible redemption options for the 30,000 mile level:
- 2 Round Trip Economy Class Short Haul tickets
- 1 Round Trip Business Class Short Haul ticket
- 1 Round Trip Economy Class Long Haul ticket in Canada and the U.S. (with 5,000 miles left over)
- 1 One Way Economy Class Ticket to South America or Europe
The value you get out of the sign up bonus will really vary based on what you redeem your miles on. In many of our past posts we see Aeroplan miles being worth as little as 1.2 cents for economy class flights to well over 6 cents per mile for business class flights. That means the 30,000 mile welcome bonus is worth anywhere from $360 to $1,800+ which makes it one of the most worthwhile sign up offers in the market seeing that it comes to you at no cost since the first year annual fee is waived.
As you can see even with no travel happening right now you shouldn’t discount a program like Aeroplan as the program allows you to not only bank for future travel but use miles earned for cash equivalent requirements in the short term.
This is a limited time offer and only valid until May 31 2020.
This offer is not available for residents of Quebec. For Quebec residents, please click here.