To coincide with American AAdvantage moving to their revenue based mileage earning model, Alaska Airlines will be adjusted the earn rate for Mileage Plan members who fly on American as of August 1st. Full fare business and first class will go up to 200% miles flown while discounted economy which used to earn 100% of miles flown will vary from 25% for the cheapest tickets to 75% for the pricier discounted tickets. Full fare economy and discounted premium classes remain the same. Find out more here.
Also on the Alaska Airlines newsfront is the approval of their partnership with Japan Airlines that we mentioned sometime ago. You can now earn and redeem miles with each other airline's programs Mileage Plan and Mileage Bank. The redemption chart for Japan Airlines Mileage Bank members looks really good for travel within North America and competes well with Aeroplan and British Airways Executive Club! Now JAL Mileage Bank miles are relatively hard to come by for us Canadians unless of course you credit all your flights and hotel stays to JMB but the easiest way to earn them for those who may not travel JAL often but want an awesome option for redeeming on Alaska Airlines is the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express. Starpoints transfer to JMB at a 1:1 basis and like Aeroplan, JMB short haul flights on Alaska are only 15,000 miles, medium haul are 20,000 to 21,000 compared to Aeroplan's and most other FFP's 25,000 mile requirement. For those of us out West this may now to be program to really look at for flying up and down the West Coast! Find out more here.
Don't forget to enter our Marriott Rewards contest!! You can enter to win up to 30,000 Marriott Rewards points! Find out all about here.
Posts since our last update:
- Air France KLM Flying Blue Promo Awards - Save 25% between Calgary or Toronto & Europe in Business Class
The newest set of Air France KLM's Promo Awards were released today but won't be bookable until 6pm EST…
Book WestJet's Canada Day sale today! Lock in some great fares for this fall and winter if you book by the end of today. Find out more here.
Air France KLM Flying Blue
- July Promo Awards - Save 20% to 50% on the Award Miles usually required for an award ticket. Destinations vary by each promotional period. More... Book by Jul 31 for travel between Sep 1 - Oct 31, 16
Japan Airlines Mileage Bank
- Earn up to Triple Mileage Bank Miles for stays at participating Hilton hotels Worldwide. More... Jul 1 - Sep 30, 16
Le Club accorhotels
- Triple Le Club Accorhotels Points for stays at participating Accor Hotels in Africa. More... Until Aug 31, 16
- 1,000 Bonus Le Club Accorhotels Points when you join Le Club AccorHotels Meeting Planner program. More... Until Dec 31, 16
- Double Rewards Points for stays at the Ritz-Carlton, Chicago. More... Until Sep 10, 16
Follow Rewards Canada: