Air Canada has Second Cup. Porter has Starbucks. Now WestJet has McDonald's McCafe. That's right the news that was in our in-box yesterday from WestJet was this new partnership to offer McCafe coffee on board WestJet flights. The first offering was between Toronto and Calgary yesterday and it should be fully rolled out by December 1st on all flights except WestJet Encore flights. Encore will follow sometime in the future.
Facts on the partnership:
- With more than 140 aircraft, the partnership will serve approximately 30,000 cups of McCafé Premium Roast coffee to WestJet guests, every day.
- Coffee on board WestJet aircraft is served in a McCafé signature double-walled cup, which will have the same highly popular on-cup rewards collector card and peelable sticker, redeemable upon completion at participating Canadian McDonald's restaurants.
- The unique cups feature a special McCafé and WestJet design and will be offered for the first time on-board with a lid as a courtesy on request.
- With McDonald's Canada, WestJet found a Canadian partner that shares a focus on community, including through an existing and strong relationship with Ronald McDonald House Charities® Canada.
- Both companies are consistently among Canada's Top Employers.
- McCafé Premium Roast Brewed coffee is made with 100 per cent Arabica beans. (For more information about McCafé's sustainability commitments, please visit here.)
- Complimentary beverages are available on most WestJet flights and may include water, soft drinks, juice, tea, and McCafé Premium Roast coffee.
"which will have the same highly popular on-cup rewards collector card and peelable sticker, redeemable upon completion at participating Canadian McDonald's restaurants."
This means that these on board coffees can be used easily to boost your way to that next free coffee at McDonald's. As you may or may not know for every seven McCafe beverages you get one free. So think about it, flying between Calgary and Toronto typically sees two beverage services, if you get coffee both times and fly round trip you have four more stickers to add to your McCafe card. Small potatoes but better than not getting any at all. Now all we need to see is the ability to earn WestJet Rewards on McDonald's purchases!