Thursday, November 24, 2016
London Drugs LDExtras - Canada's latest loyalty program
The program is quite simple, you simply create an account either online, in-store or via the app and utilize your phone number as your account number. There is no plastic card to carry which is nice these days!
The program has no points to collect, rather they track your 'visits' and a visit is anytime you spend $10 or more on eligible products each day at a London Drugs store.
Once you collect enough 'visits' you unlock your Extras, hence the name LDExtras!
American Express Gold Rewards Card, TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card or the Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite Card (and a host of others). If you grab prescriptions at London Drugs then you'll accelerate that earn with the bonus visit when you fill it. Of course if you spend more than $10 each day your return is eroded but chances are you are buying things you need and would have bought anyways at London Drugs so it is nice to get something back no matter the rate of return.
Of course there are other benefits that worth noting like the $5 voucher awarded on your birthday, the extended returns (a la TJX Style) and the photolab discounts. The remainder of the Extras are kind of meh like computer virus checks and camera firmware upgrades.
It is nice to see London Drugs join the loyalty space but we don't know how popular this will be. Years ago when Rexall left Aeroplan we along with some of our readers had hoped that perhaps London Drugs would become an Aeroplan partner but that is obviously not the case now! There are pros and cons of launching your own loyalty program versus joining a coalition program like Aeroplan. Looks like London Drugs has done their due diligence and thought it best to move ahead with their own program with cash back as its primary reward.
What do you think of London Drugs new program? Are you utilizing it already or if not are you going to check it out and join? Let us know!
To learn more about London Drugs LDExtras and to join the program check it out here.
TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card
• Receive a Welcome Bonus of 15,000 Aeroplan Miles with your first Purchase • You could receive another 10,000 bonus TD Points if you keep your Account open, active and in good standing for 90 days after your Account is opened • In addition, you could receive 5,000 Aeroplan Miles when you add an Authorized User to your Account by December 2nd (Authorized User must call and activate their Card by Jan. 16, 2017)
• 50% Annual Fee Rebate for the first year(Primary Cardholder only) – that’s $60 in savings!
• Offer Valid until Dec. 2, 2016
• Earn 1.5 miles for every $1 spent on eligible gas, grocery, drugstore and aircanada.com Purchases made with your Card.
• Earn 1 mile for every $1 you spend on all other Purchases on your Card.
• Earn miles twice when you pay with your TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card and present your Aeroplan Membership Card at over 150 Aeroplan partner brands and with 100 online retailers
• Your Aeroplan miles will not expire as long as you are a TD Aeroplan Credit Cardholder
• Enjoy an extensive suite of travel insurances for peace of mind on your next getaway.