Episode 3 of the Rewards Canada Podcast is now out! Download it via our Podcast page or check for it on iTunes.
Speaking of the Podcast, you can now access the it from any page on the main Rewards Canada website as it has been added to main nav bar!
Hilton HHonors has released their latest Standard Room Rewards update. This is where Hilton notifies us of what hotels may be moving up or down in reward categories. Hilton moved to this dynamic method quite some time ago instead of releasing annual changes like most other hotel chains. This lates release does not see any locations moving up or down but does provide the category details of the newly opened Home2 Suites by Hilton Fort St. John. It enters the market as a Category 4 hotel. Find all the hotels that are changing outside of Canada here.
Rewards Canada reader IceHelgi asked us the following question:
"Any idea if transfer between accounts counts as transaction to keep Marriott points from expiry?"
We reached out to Marriott and the answer is no, these transfers do not keep Marriott Points from expiring. So even if you transfer 10,000 Starpoints to Marriott to get 30,000 Rewards Points, if your account was set to expire in 3 months it still will unless you have an eligible earning or redemption action. I'm guessing most of you would only transfer to Marriott for an immediate or near immediate redemption so it shouldn't affect you but it is still good to know that transfers do not count as qualifying activity.
Posts since our last update:
- Hilton HHonors - Triple Points on all stays if you book via the HHonors App
As you may already know the current Hilton HHonors systemwide promotion is for double points on all eligible stays.…
- Earn Triple Aeroplan Miles for Coast Hotels stays in Canada and the U.S.
The Aeroplan hotel stay bonuses just keep rolling out! Here is one for those travelling out west who may want…
- Top 5 Credit Card Sign Up offers for October
Here are the Rewards Canada Top 5 Credit Card Sign Up offers for the month of October! This is…
- Earn up to 4x Aeroplan Miles for stays at Accor Hotels Worldwide
We have a new Aeroplan bonus for Accor Hotel stays to let you know about! This time you can…
- New WestJet Fast Track offer to Silver and Gold Elite Status
If you weren't able to get in on the last Fast Track offer from WestJet Rewards because you didn't…
AeroMexico Club Premier
- 5,000 Bonus Club Premier Points for stays at Best Western Hotels in Mexico. More... Until Nov 30, 16
- Earn up to Triple Club Premier Points for Sixt car rentals Worldwide. More... Until Dec 17, 16
Air Canada / Aeroplan
- Earn up to Quadruple Aeroplan Miles for stays at participating Accor hotels Worldwide. More... Book by Dec 31 for stays until Jan 5, 17
- Triple Aeroplan Miles for stays at participating Coast Hotels in Canada and the U.S. More... Until Nov 30, 16
Air France / KLM Flying Blue
- October Promo Awards - Save 20% to 50% on the Award Miles usually required for an award ticket. Destinations vary by each promotional period. More... Book by Oct 31 for travel between Nov 1 - Jan 31, 17
British Airways Executive Club
- Triple Avios for stays at Accor Hotels Worldwide. More... Oct 1 - Dec 31, 16
- 250 Medallion Qualification Miles and Double Miles when you complete a qualifying stay of two nights or more at any Hilton Hotel Worldwide. More... Until Dec 31, 16
- Double Skywards Miles for stays of two nights or more at one of eight Jumeirah Hotels and Resorts in Europe. More... Until Dec 31, 16
- 777 Skywards Miles and get up to 15% off Hertz rentals of 5 or more days Worldwide. More... Book by Nov 30 for rentals until Dec 15, 16
Le Club accorhotels
- 4X Le Club Accorhotels Points for stays at new Accor Hotels Worldwide. More... Book by Oct 31 for stays until Nov 30, 16
- Double FlySmiles Miles and get up to 25% off Hertz rentals of 2 or more days in any one of over 100 countries. More... Book by Oct 10 for rentals until Dec 15, 16
- Fast Track to Elite Status - Get Silver or Gold Status with lowered spend requirements. More... Until Dec 18, 16
Follow Rewards Canada: