On May 6th WestJet launched WestJet Simplicity, a new initiative for their flights on the Eastern Triangle and to New York La Guardia from Toronto.
This is of course a competitive market with Air Canada and Porter competing on the Eastern Triangle not to mention that on New York flights all three compete with the U.S. carriers and even Brazil's TAM. So as an airline you need to try to differentiate yourself to attract and maintain those business travellers flying on those routes. WestJet previously provided some benefits for flying on the Eastern Triangle like triple WestJet Dollars etc. which ended last year. Now they have regrouped their offering and named it Simplicity. Some of the Simplicity features were around before like the complimentary alcoholic drink but now more has been added including a limited time Fast Track to Elite status offer. The 30 minute on-time service promise is a nice benefit that can reward your handsomely if your flight is late. Now is the time to look at flightstats.com and book those flights that tend to have a higher rate of delay!
Here are all the details of Simplicity:
Getting on an earlier flight just got easier.And later flights too. We know your plans can change quickly when travelling on business, and when they do, our flexible Simplicity service will keep you on your way. Missed your flight? Finish a meeting early? Just arrive at the airport and we'll get you on another at no extra charge.2
Our 30-minute on-time service promise proves your time really is money.If your flight on a Simplicity route is more than 30 minutes late, we'll credit your WestJet Rewards account with 25 WestJet dollars.3
Be sure to join WestJet Rewards and include your WestJet Rewards ID on your future bookings to ensure any WestJet dollars compensation is automatically credited to your account.
- Receiving WestJet dollarsReceive your WestJet dollars automatically within 30 days if you were a WestJet Rewards member at the time of travel and your WestJet Rewards ID was on the booking. If it has been more than 30 days, or your WestJet Rewards ID was not on the booking, please complete this form to request your 25 WestJet dollars.
- What if the flight is cancelled?If your flight on a Simplicity route is cancelled and you cannot travel on your re-accommodated flight, in addition to the 25 WestJet dollars, we promise to place the value of your original ticket in a future travel credit for you with no penalty. Simply notify WestJet or your travel agent that you wish to cancel the reservation and we'll do the rest.3
We're ready when you are.Our convenient schedule on Simplicity routes means we have a schedule that fits your schedule.
- 22 flights each weekday between Toronto and Ottawa
- 24 flights each weekday between Toronto and Montreal
- 16 flights each weekday between Toronto and New York LaGuardia
What are your thoughts of Simplicity? Is it enough to have you move from Air Canada or Porter or an American carrier on YYZ-NYC? Let us know!
Unwind onboard.Special on-board service including complimentary beer or wine and a light snack.4
Exclusive valet offer in Toronto.Pull up to the curb and hand off your keys with our promotional valet offer in Toronto. Until June 30, 2016 enjoy a 20% discount off regular rates with Valet Care.5
Fast Track your way to Silver or Gold flight benefits.To celebrate the launch of Simplicity, we’re making it simple for WestJet Rewards members to Fast Track their way to Silver or Gold flight benefits. Register and fly Simplicity routes between May 6 and July 15, 2016 and enjoy Silver or Gold flight benefits until June 30, 2017.6
- Get Silver flight benefits with a minimum of 6 eligible flights flown on Simplicity routes
- Get Gold flight benefits with a minimum of 10 eligible fights flown on Simplicity routes
- Existing Silver members, fly 4 eligible flights on Simplicity routes and get Gold flight benefits