Earlier in the week we told you about the new WestJet and Qantas frequent flyer partnership. At the time WestJet did not have the earn details for flying on Qantas out yet. They have now been published and you can earn anywhere from 3 to 22 WestJet dollars on Qantas flights. 22 WestJet dollarsmay not seem like a lot for flying Qantas first class over 4,000 miles but if you are someone who doens't fly on Qantas frequently but do on WestJet then it probably makes sense to credit to WestJet Rewards. If you are frequent traveller on Qantas then you are better off crediting to QFF (including your WestJet flights). Simply frequent flyer program knowledge here. Here is the complete earn chart:
We hate seeing changes like this but American Express has changed the minimum spend requirement on the American Express Gold Rewards Card. The card which is ranked #1 overall by Rewards Canada now requires $1,500 in spending in the first three months versus the old $500 to earn the 25,000 Membership Rewards points. Not a good change but overall this card is still the strongest most flexible card in Canada. Most people shouldn't have a problem putting $500 per month on the card for those first three months to get the bonus and remember it has no annual fee in the first year.
As of June 1st the number of Aeroplan miles you earn for flying on Turkish Airlines is changing in select fare classes. (Source Aeroplan)
1. Effective for travel June 1, 2016, earn 125% in new booking class Z.
2. Effective for travel June 1, 2016, booking class U will no longer be eligible for accumulation. Earn 110% until May 31, 2016.
3. Effective for travel June 1, 2016, earn 100% in booking class A. Earn 110% until May 31, 2016.
4. Effective for travel June 1, 2016, earn 70% in booking class O. Earn 110% until May 31, 2016.
5. Effective for travel June 1, 2016, earn 25% in new booking class V.
Air Canada Maple Leaf lounge memberships are on sale until June 9th. You can save 10% off the regular price if you buy or renew by that date. Find out more here.
Posts since our last update:
- British Airways Executive Club: Earn up to 50,000 Bonus Avios for flights between Canada and the U.K. or Europe
Hallelujah it is finally here. Just like their partners American Airlines, Finnair & Iberia, British Airways has now launched…
Air France has a Flash Sale running for departures from Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver to France. Fares start as low as $679 for travel until the end of June. Simply book by May 31. Book online at airfrance.ca
Air Canada has teamed up with Travel Alberta to offer 25% off Tango fares for anyone wanting to fly to Alberta (Is our economy hurting that much here??) Book by May 28 for travel June 1 - September 6th. Great deal for summer travel! Find out more here.
Air Canada / Aeroplan
- 3,500 Bonus Aeroplan Miles when you rent a vehicle for 5 or more days at participating Hertz locations in Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico and the U.S. More... Until Aug 31, 16
- 5,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles when you rent a vehicle for 28 days or more at Hertz in Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico and the U.S.. More... Until Aug 31, 16
- Earn up to 30,000 Bonus AAdvantage Miles when you fly on American Airlines between Los Angeles and Auckland. More... Register by Oct 31 for travel Aug 15 - Oct 31, 16
- Double ConnectMiles on all Copa Airlines flights if you complete flight to 2 out of 3 of their new cities: Holguin, Chiclayo, or Rosario. More... Fly to 2 of cities until Aug 31, double miles on flights Sep 15 - Oct 31, 16
Le Club accorhotels
- 300 Bonus Le Club Accorhotels Points for stays of 2 or more nights at ibis hotels of Belgium, The Netherlands and the Luxembourg. More... Book by Jun 30 for stays Jun 1 - Aug 31, 16
- Double Le Club Accorhotels Points for stays at the Novotel New York Times Square or the Sofitel New York. More... Until Aug 31, 16
- 2,000 Bonus Rewards Points when you stay two nights or more Friday - Monday at the Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel. More... Until Aug 5, 16
Follow Rewards Canada: