Update: Per Dee's comment below Tango fares are not eligible this year
The premise of this and past Earn Your Wings promotions is to earn Wings by completing various earning actions. In this fifth version you will receive 2,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles for every 2,000 Wings collected. The more 'Wings' you collect the more Aeroplan miles you earn with a maximum of 750,000 Aeroplan Miles awarded per individual. If you end up in the top 30 Wings earners you earn your share of an additional 10 million miles (1-10) or another 10 million miles (11-30) over and above the miles you earn from the promotion.
Your first 500 Wings are super easy as they are awarded just for registering for Earn Your Wings.
Here are all the methods to receive wings with EYW:
- Earn 500 Wings simply for having Air Canada Altitude 2016 status upon registration.
- Earn a minimum of 100 Wings for every takeoff and for every landing on any Air Canada flight (including flights operated under the Air Canada Express brand) and Air Canada rouge. This translates to a minimum of 200 Wings per flight segment. There are 79 airports that will earn a higher amount of Wings for every takeoff and every landing. Refer to the list of cities that will earn Destination badges and Super Destination badges.
- Earn extra Wings by collecting badges (see Collect Badges).
- Finish in the Top 10 and earn your equal share of 10,000,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles. Finish between positions 11–30 and you’ll earn your equal share of another 10,000,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles.
|Example of how wings are earned|
To participate in Earn Your Wings you must be an Air Canada Altitude member and register online at: http://earnyourwings.aircanada.com/ by June 30th. Flights booked between May 16th and June 30th that are completed by July 31st will count towards earning your wings.
Here are just a few of the badges that you can earn additional Wings with
American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Card
• New American Express® AeroplanPlus®* Platinum Cardmembers, earn 40,000 Bonus Aeroplan®* Miles after you spend $1,000 in your first three months of Card membership. Apply now.
• Earn 1.25 miles for every dollar in purchases you charge to the Card, up to $25,000
• Accelerate your earn rate to 1.5 miles for every dollar in purchases over $25,000 annually
• Enjoy a 2-for-1 short-haul flight reward when you redeem 15,000 Aeroplan Miles, with the Partner Ticket benefit
• Access to Air Canada Maple Leaf™ Lounges
• $199 annually for AeroplanPlus Supplementary Platinum Cards; $50 annually for AeroplanPlus Supplementary Gold cards*
• Breeze through airports lines with Air Canada Priority Check-in
• Avoid the line-ups at security by accessing the Pearson Priority Security Lane located at the departure level of Terminal at Toronto Pearson International Airport during peak airport operating hours
• Let yourself be spoiled with access to the Fairmont President's Platinum Club membership when you enroll and stay any 5 nights in the same calendar year – enjoy one complimentary night, room upgrades and $100 USD in Fairmont dining certificates and more
• Relax in over 700 lounges worldwide, including Air Canada Maple LeafTM* Lounge access in airports across Canada, in London and in Paris, and around the globe with Complimentary Priority Pass Membership
• Go confidently with coverage that’s as broad as your horizons, including Car Rental Theft and Damage Insurance, Emergency Medical Insurance (out of province/country), and much more.
• *As a Charge Card, the balance must always be paid in full each month. 30% annual interest rate applies to balances not paid in full.
• You can use Apple Pay on your eligible device to pay for goods and services at participating American Express contactless merchants
• American Express is not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details and current product information click the Apply now link. Conditions apply