News, Tips & Tricks
The latest Air France KLM Flying Blue Promo Awards are out! We see more Canadian options for the booking month of November with the highlight being Vancouver - Europe at 50% off!! Find out more here.
Aeroplan has made some changes to the Distinction program for 2016. (Thanks to Charles T and Sheri for the notes!) The Distinction only flights have been discontinued as have the SPG redemption bonus. The program sees the addition of Delta Hotels as a Distinction bonus partner.
Starting in 2016, some of Distinction benefits will be updated and enhanced while others will no longer be available.
Here are the benefits affected next year:
The Air Canada Getaway Bonus is extended
The Air Canada Getaway Bonus has been extended until December 31st, 2016. Details on some additional and exciting new destinations will be made available very soon. Ensure to travel by December 31st, 2015 to take advantage of 2015's eligible destinations.
The Fairmont preferential treatment offer is extended
Aeroplan's Distinction members will continue to benefit from the Fairmont Preferential Treatment Offer until December 31st, 2016, when booking a stay directly at Fairmont.com using their exclusive Fairmont Distinction Promotional Code. Make sure to complete your stay by January 15th, 2017.
Earn bonus miles at Delta Hotels and Resorts
Delta Hotels and Resorts® is now part of the Marriott family. Starting January 1st, 2016 dBlack and dDiamond members will be able to earn 250 Distinction bonus miles on eligible stays at Delta Hotels.
The following benefits will no longer be available as of 2016
• Distinction Flights
• The redemption bonus on stays at Starwood Hotels & Resorts©: To ensure that you receive your 2015 Distinction bonus, book by December 31st, 2015, and complete your stay at participating Hotels & Resorts through December 31st, 2016.
All other benefits remain unchanged, and are there for you to enjoy whenever you want. This includes your favorite and most appreciated benefits like up to 35% off Market Fare Flight Rewards™ and Distinction bonus miles on stays at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, Marriott and Starwood Hotels & Resorts.
Air Canada is bringing back its Toronto - Seoul flight in Summer 2016! The flight will be operated with a 787-8. (Source Airlineroute.net)
However Air Canada is also cancelling their Edmonton - London route, decreasing service between Calgary and London while increasing service between Vancouver and London (Source Airlineroute.net)
WestJet announced new Encore service between Toronto and London, ON starting in March 2016. (Source Airlineroute.net)
And possibly another cancelled route for Edmonton as it appears American Airlines will cut their Edmonton - Dallas route in February. (Souce Airlineroute.net)
HOT CONTEST!! Don't forget to enter to win 2 tickets to the Aeroplan dExclusives "An Evening with Rod Stewart" in Toronto. Find out more here.
One and half days left to vote for your favourite travel rewards credit card! Vote here!
Posts since our last update:
- Air France KLM Flying Blue Promo Awards - Save 50% b/w Vancouver & Europe in Business Class + 25% off YUL & YEG
The newest set of Air France KLM's Promo Awards were released today but won't be bookable until November 1st
Air France KLM Flying Blue
- November Promo Awards - Save 25% to 50% on the Award Miles usually required for an award ticket. Destinations vary by each promotional period. More... Book between Nov 1 - 30 for travel between Jan 1 - Feb 29, 16
- Earn up to 15,00 Bonus Miles for joining the Etihad Guest Business Connect program and at least two employees from your organization takes a flight before 20 December 2015. More... Until Dec 20, 15
Le Club accorhotels
- Earn up to Triple Le Club Accorhotels Points for stays at participating Accor Hotels in Switzerland. More... Book by Dec 23 for stays Nov 1 - Dec 31, 15
- 3,000 Bonus MileagePlus Miles on your first Rocketmiles booking More... Book by Dec 31, 15
- 200 Bonus Wyndham Rewards Points + 15% off when you book the Best Available Rate at 7 days in advance at participating locations Worldwide. More... Ongoing