A few short weeks ago we let you know that ultra low cost Icelandic carrier WOW Air announced new service between Canada and Iceland. At the time prices had not been released however whenever they enter a new market they are low. We know in the U.S. their launch prices were $99 each way and figured in Canada it would be $149 but we were wrong! The launch prices are only C$99 between Toronto or Montreal and Iceland! Or go to mainland Europe via Iceland for only $149 each way!
And we checked to make sure and you bet there are seats available at the $99 ALL IN level!
Here are examples of the extra charges:
Now think about this, at $99 each way all in you can fly to Iceland for $198. Take a card like the American Express Gold Rewards card that has 25,000 point sign up bonus that is equivalent to a $250 travel credit. So you go to wowair.ca to book your flights with the Amex Gold Rewards card using your sign up bonus to put a credit towards that charge when it shows up and voila, your flights were free and you still have $52 worth of points to use towards extra charges!
American Express Gold Rewards Card
• New American Express® Gold Rewards* Cardmembers can earn a Welcome
Bonus of 25,000 Membership Rewards® points - our HIGHEST Gold Rewards
Card offer - just by making $500 in purchases in the first three months
• No Annual Fee for the first year; $150 Annual Fee thereafter*
• That's enough for a round trip flight to almost anywhere in North America
• Transfer your points to frequent flyer programs, or 1:1 to Aeroplan®* and Avios
• Earn double points on eligible travel and everyday purchases
• Charge any travel to your Card theøaern pay for it with points
• 1 Free Supplementary Gold Rewards Card (a $50 value*) to help you earn points faster
• American Express is not responsible for maintaining or
monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full
details and current product information click the Apply now link.
• *As a Charge Card, the balance must always be paid in full
each month. 30% annual interest rate applies to balances not paid in
* Canadian Residents Only