News, Tips & Tricks
Air Canada is cancelling their direct non-stop service between Montreal and Denver as of July 1st. If you have revenue or Aeroplan award tickets on this route after this date you can expect to receive a call or email notifying you of this change and chances are you will be routed via Toronto. (Source Airlineroute.net)
If you missed the post earlier, today is the last day to jump on the 24,000 bonus points sign up offer for the mbna Choice Privileges MasterCard. With no-fee it is a pretty easy way to get a few free hotel nights or a small amount of miles to pad your Aeroplan or other Frequent Flyer accounts. See the post here.
American Airlines and US Airways completed a few more steps to the integration of the airlines and their respective Frequent Flyer Programs (FFPs). As of this Wednesday the airlines will offer reciprocal upgrades to members of each others FFPs . For complete details on how the upgrade process will work see this post on View From the Wing. The other change is not so good but at least there is advance notice this time. The change that is happening is the matching of the US Airways Dividend Miles award chart to the recently change American AAdvantage chart. Here are the changes as taken from US Airways (Those of you in Vancouver should take note about the oneworld change as it will now cost you more to fly Cathay Pacific's First Class between Vancouver and New York City):
For travel booked on/after August 1, we're raising redemption levels for roundtrip travel on medium and high awards between the continental U.S. and Canada and for First Class awards on three-class service within and between the continental U.S. and Canada on oneworld® and partner flights. All award bookings through July 31 will continue to be honored.
- On US Airways flights, roundtrip award travel in the Main Cabin between the continental U.S. and Canada will require 50,000 miles for medium and 80,000 miles for high-level 1. Roundtrip award travel in First/Business Class between the continental U.S. and Canada will require 100,000 miles for medium and 130,000 miles for high-level 1.
- On oneworld and partner flights, roundtrip award travel in First Class on a three cabin aircraft within and between the continental U.S. and Canada will require 65,000 miles.
In the bonus offers section there is new promotion from Cathay Pacific's Asia Miles for a small bonus when you complete earning transactions from two separate categories out of Airline, Hotel, Car and Travel/leisure. Seeing that Cathay's own flights are included is should be pretty easy for most of you Asia Miles members who have travel planned this summer to earn the 1,000 miles.
Last week we brought you the new Icelandair in-flight safety video and now here is TAP Portugal's!:
Hotels.com Canada: Canada Day Sale. Save up to 30%. Book by 7/1/14, Travel between 6/26/14 - 7/7/14.
Air France KLM Flying Blue
- Earn up to 40% Bonus Flying Blue Miles when you buy Flying Blue Miles. More... Until Jun 30, 14
Air India Flying Returns
- OFFER EXTENDED 25% Flying Returns Miles Discount on all Flying Returns Award tickets for travel on Air India. More... Until Jun 30, 14
- Up to 35% Bonus AAdvantage Miles when you share AAdvantage Miles. More... Until Jun 30, 14
Cathay Pacific Asia Miles
- 1,000 Bonus Asia Miles when you complete eligible mileage earning transactions with any of Asia Miles participating partners in two or more categories. The categories are Airline Partners, Hotels, Cars & Transport, Travel & Leisure. More... Until Aug 15, 14
- Earn up to Quadruple SkyMiles for stays at any Shangri-La hotels, Kerry hotels or Traders hotels Worldwide. More... Until Aug 31, 14
Jet Airways JetPrivilege
- Earn up to Quadruple JetPrivilege Miles for stays at any Shangri-La hotels, Kerry hotels or Traders hotels Worldwide. More... Until Aug 31, 14
Shangri-La Hotels Golden Circle
- Triple GC Award Points for stays at the Shangri-La Hotel, At The Shard, London. More... Jun 15 - Sep 30, 14
Virgin America Elevate (on FrequentFlyerBonuses.com only)
- Earn up to 30% Bonus Elevate Points when you buy Elevate points. More... Until Jul 1, 14
Today's Daily Update has been brought to you by American Express Travel Insurance