News, Tips & Tricks
Air Canada announced some changes to their summer 2013 flight schedule which should appeal to Air Canada Top Tier and Aeroplan members alike. The new routes include 3x weekly service between both Toronto and Istanbul and Toronto and Seoul. Increases to Calgary-Tokyo (Daily serivce from 5x weekly), Vancouver-Beijing (11x weekly from 7x) and Toronto-Beijing (10x weekly from 7x). More details can be found on Airline Route Update
Aeroplan and all Star Alliance partners welcomed the newest member to their fold, Shenzhen Airlines. Another option for you to earn and burn Aeroplan (and other *A) miles.
Singapore Airlines sent out an email to its KrisFlyer members with further enhancements to their program that continue to be on the good side. The latest enhancement is that the lower mileage value Saver Awards are now available for the Singapore Airlines Suites on their Airbus A380 aircraft. Here is the wording from the SIA website:
Redemption bookings for Saver Award flights in the Singapore Airlines Suites on board the Airbus A380 are now available.
With the launch of this latest initiative, PPS Club and KrisFlyer members will have the choice and flexibility to redeem all award types in all cabin classes across the Singapore Airlines network. We will be revising our award charts to include the Singapore Airlines Suites, which will be categorised together with First Class award levels for ease of reference.
Despite this change there will not be an increase in the current Saver Award levels for First Class. All Saver Awards are also now valid for one year instead of six months.
There will, however, be an increase in selected Standard and Full Award levels for First Class which will also apply to the Singapore Airlines Suites. For members who have made a prior Standard or Full Award booking for First Class, the original award levels will be honoured for bookings made on or before 28 November 2012 and ticketed by 12 December 2012. Please contact KrisFlyer Membership Services for assistance.
Please click here to view the revised award charts.
Today is the last day to enter my giveaway of a $100 credit to CardSwap.ca which is good for $100 worth of gift cards. You can read the review of their reward program here or follow these instructions to enter:
1. Follow @RewardsCanada on Twitter
2. Visit CardSwap.ca and find a gift card you think you would use the credit on
3. Tweet us the card you would pick, include @RewardsCanada @CardSwap and Hash tag #rewardscanada in your tweet
Copy, paste and complete this to make it easier:
@RewardsCanada @CardSwap I would choose the (INSERT MERCHANT NAME) Gift Card #rewardscanada
4. Wait to see if you are chosen as a winner !
Air Canada Aeroplan
- 1,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles with every stay at 33 participating Marriott hotels across Canada. More... Until Mar 31, 13
- 250 Bonus Aeroplan miles for parking at the Vancouver International Airport’s Economy or Long-Term Parking Lot. More...Until Jan 6, 13
Amtrak Guest Rewards (on FrequentFlyerBonuses.com only)
- Double Guest Rewards Points on weekend rentals of 2 or more days, or rentals of 5 or more days, at a participating Hertz airport or off airport location in the U.S., Puerto Rico or Canada. More... Until Jul 31, 13
- Double Club Miles when booking the special rate ""Double Miles for Early Birds" 20 days in advance at participating World Hotels Worldwide. More... Dec 1, 12 - Feb 28, 13
Carlson Hotels Club Carlson
- 5,000 Bonus Gold Points PER NIGHT for stays at the Country Inn & Suites I-240 Tunnel Road Asheville. More...
Stash Hotel Rewards
- 500 Bonus Stash Rewards Points when you book the “Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale” package at the Riverside Hotel Fort Lauderdale. More... Book by Dec 30, 12 for stays until Apr 30, 13
- 500 Bonus Stash Rewards Points for stays at Larkspur Landing Hotels in California, Oregon, Washington. More... Until Jan 13, 13
- Double Stash Rewards Points for stays of 2+ nights at the Williamsburg Hospitality House. More... Until Dec 31, 12
Remember to follow Rewards Canada on Facebook and Twitter or subscribe to our Newsletter and RSS feed